Who said plod was useless?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
On the Park where I have my works a total of 14 cars were vandalized last night. Fortunately non of them were cars belonging to customers of mine. ALL Customer cars are locked away at nights. However, my Porsche was parked outside :crazy: Some scroat has tried to get into it. Both door tops are slightly damaged, the rain gutter from one side was torn off and the trim from the rear window has been removed. A rock was found in front of my car. It would seem that whoever it was, was interrupted (hopefully). Now the good bit about Our Local Plod. They attended the scene rather quickly and took information from all business's that had suffered scroatism. They followed this up with SOCO who fingerprinted all vehicles (including my own). They have a set of very good prints and DNA from some bodily function carried out in a caravan :rolleyes: Talking to Mr Plod tonight they think they have a candidate. I was asked, if he is convicted would I like to meet him (new scheme apparently) along with an accompanying police officer. I replied yes, but would the Police officer like to visit my Gents for 10 mins during the visit then I could introduce Scroat to a 4 by 2. Mr Plods answer will not be published here :rolleyes:

All I can say is well done Plod, respect

Plod is not the fault. it is the justice system. When he is caught camera and all with all the evidence they need, All they would give hin is a long warning or some rubbish like Bound over to keep the peace.

We were watching a police camera thingy on TV when a burglar triggered a tesco alarm. About 10 officers in three cars responded immediately with dogs, and the gut hid in he basement.
My wife then made a useful comment as the officers started looking for him and urging him to come out. She said instead of wasting eveyones time, why do they not just shout out a warning to him not to do it again and then everyone go home as that is what he will get if he comes out anyway.
Well when they finally caught him, he was taken to court and bound over with a supervision order and a caution.
What a massive sentence

Last edited:
Ian, you're slipping mate.
A piece of 4x2????????
Better off putting his grotty vandalising hands in the vice:devil:

Oh and yes our Estate Owner has CCTV. Guess what? it over writes after 50 hours and the only person with the password is on Holiday in France and will not be back till Wednesday. A number of us will be paying her a visit requesting some sort of compensation.

Oh and yes our Estate Owner has CCTV. Guess what? it over writes after 50 hours and the only person with the password is on Holiday in France and will not be back till Wednesday. A number of us will be paying her a visit requesting some sort of compensation.

Of course if someone accidentally cut the supply to the CCTV recorder it would be the 50 hours prior to the power failure that got saved ...

Of course if someone accidentally cut the supply to the CCTV recorder it would be the 50 hours prior to the power failure that got saved ...

Sods law says something worse wil occur afterwards.

A insurance claim on the Porsche could have made a nice finacial recovery.

Sorry to hear about this Ian. That porker is jinxed!!

Plod is not the fault. it is the justice system. When he is caught camera and all with all the evidence they need, All they would give hin is a long warning or some rubbish like Bound over to keep the peace.

We were watching a police camera thingy on TV when a burglar triggered a tesco alarm. About 10 officers in three cars responded immediately with dogs, and the gut hid in he basement.
My wife then made a useful comment as the officers started looking for him and urging him to come out. She said instead of wasting eveyones time, why do they not just shout out a warning to him not to do it again and then everyone go home as that is what he will get if he comes out anyway.
Well when they finally caught him, he was taken to court and bound over with a supervision order and a caution.
What a massive sentence

The answer to this is simple

1. Don't feed the dogs for 2 days
2. Release dogs
3. Go for a cup of coffee
4. Return 30 minutes later with a hosepipe / bin liners and a dust pan and brush
5. Tell the naughty boy (whats left of him) "You are very naughty ..don't do this again"
6. All go home to sleep

Before you reach for that piece of stout lumber, read this:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article2008072.ece

Glad they have the scum but it varies so much

Friends of ours had a break in and the genius left a screwdriver complete with prints and DNA. Had him very quickly and found a garage full of plunder. Result

By contrast some elderly people in our village suffered violent assault, theft and wanton vandalism. No prints or DNA, just a description that fitted two well known local scum. Investigation? Not worth a damn. Too difficult.

MP now involved and they are in the midst of a Complaint process

"Let loose the dogs of war......................"

Oops wrong forum ...or is it?

Ian, you're slipping mate.
A piece of 4x2????????
Better off putting his grotty vandalising hands in the vice:devil:

Hands in the vice is being too nice........

If anyone damaged my Porsche I'd be using the vice combined with jump leads connected to the mains.....:devil:

Hands in the vice is being too nice........

If anyone damaged my Porsche I'd be using the vice combined with jump leads connected to the mains.....:devil:

Richard...I can't believe you said that...it's ...."shocking"..:bannana:

Plod is not the fault. it is the justice system.

I think you're right.
When I caught some kids breaking my garage window the police knew they'd get nothing for it so they made the parents attend the police station on three separate occasions during the course of their 'enquiries'. I'm sure they did it to inconvenience the parents as much as possible before eventually issuing a caution.

Ian, sorry to hear more bad news about the Porsche. I think making the little scroat meet the victims is a good idea. He'll probably be feeling sorry for himself (his kind are only mouthy when their mates are there) plus he knows you will have had a good look at him.

I think you're right.
When I caught some kids breaking my garage window the police knew they'd get nothing for it so they made the parents attend the police station on three separate occasions during the course of their 'enquiries'. I'm sure they did it to inconvenience the parents as much as possible before eventually issuing a caution.

Ian, sorry to hear more bad news about the Porsche. I think making the little scroat meet the victims is a good idea. He'll probably be feeling sorry for himself (his kind are only mouthy when their mates are there) plus he knows you will have had a good look at him.

How times have changed ...if my parents had had a visit from the police I wouldn't have been able to sit down for a week.....

These young gentlemen :mad: :) already know where your property is so retaliation is not an issue with my suggestion.

If I got the opportunity to meet these youths I would try my hardest to get them to come and help in the workshop, integrate a bit of spanner manipulation with cleaning the floor, washing cars etc. Usually these idiots are only idiots when in a pack ;) Get them on their own and being firm but kind will perhaps be beneficial to all concerned.

John the Right Wing player for Attila the Hun (I bet no one thought I would make that suggestion?:) )

I once had a problem with a couple of youths where I used to live.

After much fighting and a near escalation to them being permanently taken care of, I decided to offer them each a job to see if my faith in mankind could be restored. They painted my shed, cleaned my car and did some odd jobs around the outside of the house. The result was that they stopped causing me any grief at all and kept the other scroats around, in line also.

For very little money (which some may justifiably regard as throwing good after bad) you can sue them online.

Now its extrememly unlikely that you will get anything back - but it basically prevents them getting mortgages/phone contracts/car loans/etc for the next three to six years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom