Who wants Plasma AMG Dials?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
W208 CLK Convertible
I have been speaking to a company that produces Plasma dials for the w208 CLK.

At present these dials are only available in KMPH, they WILL make them in MPH but have a minimum order of 15. Any one want to go in?

In my mind the design would be similar to the W202 AMG dials. Black centres with white outside. Lit with a blue/white light and etched with the AMG logo on the centre dial. (tbc)

The total cost I have been quoted is 1050 Euro and shipping cost would be 45 Euro for the 15 sets.

Here are the current CLK dials in KMPH
Mercedes CLK plasma tacho glow gauges plasma dials on eBay (end time 09-Dec-10 12:42:59 GMT)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
The ones you linked to are for a w209 .

Thought that myself with the "from year 2002" but those are definitely W208 dials and the car pictured is a W208 so i assume its a typo. The ones im talking to them about ordering would be the facelift ones "model 2, design 2" but with AMG etched on them

I don't normally go much on bling but theyre quite nice.

how do they work are they just bulbs?

No idea how they work... Sorry. i just liked the look of them, how bright they are and the idea of switching out for AMG etched ones! Not sure if they would fit a w203... if the dials are the same as a late 208 then i guess so... but wouldnt want you to quote me on that!

How much for each dial? i am intrested if it has amg etched inside the dial. would also want to see a pic before buying

they are saying 70 euros each plus postage... the design would be as the link with AMG logo on the centre dial (as it is on the CLK55 AMG) they will only make them if we order 15...

i am intrested

tried clicking on the libk no joy....

If they're like the ones in toyotas they're EL backlit and they have an amount of flicker. Very smooth and clear but the flicker can be annoying (like LED tail lamps or cheap DLP projectors) in your peripheral vision.

I have got those dials in my MR2, they are infact EL glow but there is no 'flicker' at all.

shame i can't fit them into a '03 w203

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom