Why do critical components always fail close to holidays ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Came home this afternoon and house was freezing a quick inspection of the heating revealed no power all displays dead. Now we often get a lot of power spikes so thought the fuse must have popped, changed the fuse, panel back into life all seems well until 30 minutes later when the radiators aren't getting hot. Into garage to check pump and its dead as a dodo. So quick check on net and phone round to see who actually had a pump and as luck had it Screwfix had one for the bargain price of £38.50 new pump purchased and return home to fit 30 minutes later new pump fitted heating up and running but hassle I could have done without, still SWMBO very happy so thats some brownie points :D

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago I arrived home in the evening to find the heating was off, which wasn't good as Mrs Dm has been homebound recently.
19:40 I realised it was the three way valve motor gone...B&Q rapido and luckily they had one...

That's my first visit to that B&Q branch since being run over by one of it's staff...who was there, but didn't recognise me...I neither had the time nor inclination for a fight, especially bearing in mind that he used his car as a weapon last time... :rolleyes:

B&Q was my first port of call too we have two of their superstores close to us neither of them stocked a bog standard 130mm CH pump I found that unbeleiveable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom