Why does the BBC think Barnsley v West Ham is prime time viewing??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a West Ham supporter and licence payer, who pays the same fee as all those who gag over endless permutations of 'Celebrity Dinner Swap On Ice', I thought it was rather good.

As a Barnsley supporter and licence payer, I thought it was bad, in fact they were freaking DIRE

On that basis I'm sure you'll enjoy Sky's primetime offering today,
Nottingham Forest v The Mighty Bristol City!
I'm always at a loss as to why Man U get so much more airtime then The Mighty BC, who really wants to see the ball bounce anyway!

For anyone who's interested, rather a good result for The Mighty Bristol City!

That may well be the case but my observations are that if you have the skill to be good enough to play soccer every other sport and some psuedo sports too (golf, snooker, darts, rowing, sailing etc) are easy-peasy.
So, let me get this right then, if you are blessed with the "skill" of kicking a ball in the right direction every other sport is easy-peasy. If that is the case why are all sports not dominated by ex-footballers? Seems to me the only thing they can do post playing football is get a job on TV talking about it.

Personally I have only been blessed with a genetic disorder that makes sure I'm useless at any sport, so probably only jealous of those that can do it.

As for those complaining about the content of TV, you can always change channel, turn the TV off or go out and kick a ball around (or sail, golf, darts etc.)

That may well be the case but my observations are that if you have the skill to be good enough to play soccer every other sport and some psuedo sports too (golf, snooker, darts, rowing, sailing etc) are easy-peasy.

It's the difference between proper athletes and those who play games

Just wondered...second division, third rate soccer on the Beeb's flagship channel at prime time on a Bank Holiday...
No offence to the teams, it wouldn't matter who was was playing, but one of the better teams putting four past the also rans was pretty predictable however they dressed it up...:doh:
Bit of second division beach volleyball (you know, the ladies teams from Australia) would have been much more imaginative :dk:

Actually , putting ANY FOOTBALL on a mainstream entertainment channel when there are numerous special interest channels on Freeview and other platforms will annoy the majority of viewers , who have no interest in it .

Sure sign of old age when you think daytime TV is primetime :)

A bank holiday afternoon , when they should be showing kids/family films is prime time .

football is by far and away the most popular sport in this country and I'd probably go as far as to say that it's 'bigger' than religion

Careful : John Lennon got into a whole heap of trouble some years ago when he said something along the lines of 'We ( The Beatles ) are more popular than God' .

As for those complaining about the content of TV, you can always change channel, turn the TV off or go out and kick a ball around (or sail, golf, darts etc.)

That's an easy answer, but it doesn't wash. The BBC is in the unusual position of taking money off us whether we like it or not, so we have a right to comment on or criticise the service they are providing, not just switch off...

I reckon its something to do with keeping a "token presence" in the field. Faced with SKY'S "exclusivity" approach to popular sporting events--- the BBC with a limited budget has decide whether to continue to provide limited cover for football for licence payers not wishing to worship at the Rupert Murdoch " shrine of all that is excellent on TV" or opt out altogether.:dk:

That's an easy answer, but it doesn't wash. The BBC is in the unusual position of taking money off us whether we like it or not, so we have a right to comment on or criticise the service they are providing, not just switch off...

And of course the :devil:" Blessed Rupert" :devil: gives you all his excellent "exclusive" = "no competition from other channels" sporting TV for free.:rolleyes:
He's not pro competition -----the very opposite. He's pro monopoly--- his. :ban:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom