1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

why you shouldnt drink and drive (beware pictures may upset)

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by purplegoddess, Dec 31, 2007.

1. purplegoddess

purplegoddess Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    89' 190e (Leo)
  2. television

television Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R230 SL500
    I have sent it out to 5 friends that drink too much and thank you

3. NW_Merc

NW_Merc Banned

Car:
    1994 Mercedes C180 classic
    That made me cry, because of someone's wreckless behaviour someone loses living their life.....:mad:

4. pammy

pammy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
    I have seen this before - it is incredibly graphic. I don't actually think you should have the choice to view it or not - if you want to drink and drive you must see the potential outcome..

5. comports

comports Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK 350 Cabriolet
    Here Here Pammy - It's digraceful that people still have a few drinks and then drive home. I'm fortunate as I don't drink anyway but a friend of mine is still hapy to have 5/6 pints after work, catch the train and then drive home from the station. I feel like shopping him sometimes but is it the done thing..?

A very sobering clip for anyne who thinks it's still ok to drive after a night out.

Lets all have a good time tonight but be sensible..

Happy New Year to you all.

6. Benzowner

Benzowner Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    B180 CDi W245 in Silver
    Call me thick skinned and please I do not condone drink driving, but there are many more accidents of this nature caused by sober drivers and I firmly beleive this type of "advertising" does not work in much the same way as someone dying of cancer works for smokers and someone dying from drug abuse works for drug addicts. Maybe its about time for zero tollerance, but policing it is the problem.

Happy new year everyone and in the words of Hill Street Blues, lets all be careful out there

7. marcos

marcos Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML 320CDI W164
    It's an old clip but it still hits hard.

I drink like a fish but one thing I would never do is drive after drinking, several years ago not long after passing my driving test my best mates older sister was killed when her boyfreinds car rolled over on the A10 near our house. She was killed instantly and he is as far as I know still in a wheelchair nearly 20yrs later.
    He was of course drunk and not one of my freinds ever drunk and drove after that, not a nice way for us to learn but it did the trick.

8. Carrotchomper

Carrotchomper Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Audi A8 4.2 Quattro
    100% yes. If a quiet but firm advisory word in his shell fails to have the intended effect then a call to Crimestoppers is the next best thing. Otherwise when the accident happens it will be 2 people who can't forgive themselves...

9. whitenemesis

whitenemesis Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2016
    Perhaps those convicted of drink driving should spend a couple of evenings in A&E

10. pammy

pammy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
    By then it's potentially too late!!

11. whitenemesis

Car:
    I was thinking of those yet to cause death or injury....

Those that have caused death or injury should be locked up and have their license revoked, permanently..

12. robert.saunders

robert.saunders Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W210 E300TD
    Those graphic images should be on TV not just on YouTube; get the message across, and get it across hard

13. Benzowner

Benzowner Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    B180 CDi W245 in Silver
    So then they would drive no tax, no license and no MOT or insurance and would not give a damn if they were drunk or otherwise impaired

14. whitenemesis

Car:
    Unfortunately I think the sort of person who would do that would do that regardless. So lock them up for life, premeditated murder

15. kjay

kjay Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C200k Coupe 2003
    If you can afford a car - you can afford a taxi - simple.

16. andy_k

andy_k Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Alfa GTV 3.0

if you can afford a car you can afford insurance/tax/mot etc but there's still an awful lot of cars out there with none of these.

Drink driving is a lot less socially acceptable these days than it was a few years ago when it was seen as "bad luck" to get caught.

I guess that until we have zero tolerance then there will always be some that think it's OK because they are "good drivers"

Andy

17. Natalie

Natalie Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W211 E320 CDI Black, W124 Estate E320 Tourmaline Green, previously W124 E280 Bornite
    I have to agree with all the comments and thank you for posting the link. Yes, it is very graphic and all credit must go to the young lady and her family for allowing the pictures to be shown.

I just hope it does stop those selfish, ignorant people who will not stop at one, two, three and so on because they think their capacity is so huge like their egos.

Zero tolerance is the way forward or simply calling a cab.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  18. fredfloggle

fredfloggle Banned

What worries me is the growing number of drivers who continue to drive whilst under the influence of drugs.

19. crockers

crockers Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
    It's not very often I feel tears whell up and this video did it ... I also think that this video should be sent to the poster of this thread ..

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=45315

But from his last post he wouldn't care ...............so perhaps it's not worth the effort .........damn it it is....:mad:

20. ManJ

ManJ Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E270 CDI(54), CLK270 CDI(03), S320 CDI(03), Smart Passion CDI (2011)
    Damn, that poor girls life because of someones carelessness. I wish I could have showed my cousin it a few months ago before he killed himself drink driving and ruined his friends life at the same time...