Wider vision side mirrors for W124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sub_zero

Car
W124 E220 1995
hi all,
I happened to be passing by these side mirrors upgrade:
here

what do you think ?
did anyone try any of these?

if it is in good quality it will be a real upgrade as the stock ones are really small compared to modern cars.

shame they dont have the blue tint effect.

also as they stick onto the current mirror will you loose the heating functionality?

i'm interested but maybe we can sort out a group buy to save on the shipping? i would buy 4 - (a pair for both of my cars)

if people are interested in a group buy i can start a new thread and we can sort a list out, and then i could contact the seller to see what deal we can get if buying multiple items. i'm happy to organise this if required

Last edited:
unlucky me :(
would really like to join SilverSaloon if I was in his time zone....

I was reading the fitting instructions on the E bay add,says to not push the glass in the middle when fitting presumably as its a curved glass being stuck to a flat original which means there will be a gap,I reckon the replacement won't stay on long with just a couple of contact points.

While browsing a German W124 Forum,I came across another interesting side mirrors for our star,they are bifocal mirrors.
I'm not sure if they are OEM or not.

Last edited:
While browsing a German W124 Forum,I came across another interesting side mirrors for our star,they are bifocal mirrors.
I'm not sure if they are OEM or not.

do you have a link to the forum thread, or can contact the poster who posted the photos?

this is the perfect glass if its got the heating elements etc.

i suspect you could get away with only replacing the drivers side if they are expensive as this is the one that is used most for overtaking - i always have to look behind my shoulder before i pull out on a motorway etc because of the bad blindspot on the original W124 mirrors.

i fitted one of those blind spot stick-ons but really dislike it

Hi SilverSaloon,
They meet every year,they post their pics in their trips.
this photo was taken from their 2009 meet album(Ausfahrten und Treffen).
here

I tried to reach any contact for the thread poster,with no clue,his name is 'MikeE300'.
if you get any information ,please update me.
Good luck.

Hi...
I googled in German Language for 'W124 side mirrors' and I got a clue:
see here

Hi...
I googled in German Language for 'W124 side mirrors' and I got a clue:
see here

Also part number is provided!!

and here

Last edited:
I contacted the seller in the last post and he replied with empty message!!!
sounds like he doesn't speak English.

I contacted the seller in the last post and he replied with empty message!!!
sounds like he doesn't speak English.

me too! i asked him in german translation too and all i got back in the reply was:

'k'.

i guess he doesnt want our business!!!!! i asked him if he did versions for RHD cars as obviously his LHD version is no good as they are not swappable.

i just bought one of these:

MERCEDES W124 190 84-95 RIGHT MIRROR GLASS 043RS HEATED | eBay

i'll report back in a few days what its like. I bought it as the mirror on the new silver W124 no longer heats up which is irritating at this time of year so i wanted a replacement anyway. I hope to be able to do whats in the advert - ie remove the existing mirror and fit the new one direct, we'll see how it goes.

love it @ this time of year on frosty mornings, its the only yearly check i can do to see if the heated mirrors are still working...properly!

Proper smokin!

is this the stock mirror?
Here in Kuwait we don't care about any heating element,it is already a hot climate with no snow all year long.
Good luck SilverSaloon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom