Wifi woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
I've been given a Toshiba Equium laptop that was unusable due to it being so slow and crashy. I have managed to get it working again by clearned tonnes of crap off the HD and by using wise disc cleaner to remove almost 12GB of clogged up ****e !! It works really well now apart from the wifi.
It logs on to the router OK but receives zero packages. Sends plenty out but nowt back :dk:

It's running Vista :eek: Any help and info would be muchly appreciated, ta :)

Sounds like probably got the wrong driver?. Does it work fine on Ethernet?
Trouble with wifi is you cannot see it, so hard to diagnose.

Neil

Hi Neil.

Yes it's fine on Ethernet, I'm using it via that at the moment. I'l try updating the driver to see if that helps.

Cheers,
Stu

Go to device manager and uninstall the wifi card and then scan for new hardware and reinstall the driver to see if it cures the issue.

If not, report back.

i'd install windows 7 instead of vista and then sort the wifi thingy with an updated driver

May i suggest that you open wifi connections. Remove the connection to your router or network and then reconnect so that you need to re enter your password to authenticate. After that if its not working then Ping your router from the laptop and from your desktop or similar ping your laptop

That's fantastic info chaps, many thanks. I'll have a try later after the malwarebytes full scan has finished. It's taking forever but has found 20 threats so far!

Thanks,
Stu:thumb:

Go to device manager and uninstall the wifi card and then scan for new hardware and reinstall the driver to see if it cures the issue.

If not, report back.

This. Perfect, worked a treat many thanks:thumb: I'm now posting over wifi network:D

yay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom