Will mk4 golf alloys fit a c class coupe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wulliewanfit

Car
c180
As the title indicates folks. I have seen a set of 19" alloys with 225/35/19 tyres for sale. They were fitted to a 2001 VW golf gti mk4. Will these fit my 2001 c class sport coupe with/without adapters?:confused:

Any help appreciated.:bannana:

Will possibly have a set of 8.5x18 and 9.5x18 SL rims for sale soon if interested.... Fitted to my CLK at mo.... will go straight on yours....

Cheers for the replys guys, To be honest the only reason I was looking at the 19's was that they were very cheap and if it was gonna be pretty straight forward to change then I'm onto a winner!:D

My 17" evos have just been refurbished with 4 new tyres and are looking great but if you end up selling your 18"s Baldguy give me a shout with an indication of price and I will get back to you.Although I'm sure they might be too expensive for me;)

Muchos gracias

Will possibly have a set of 8.5x18 and 9.5x18 SL rims for sale soon if interested.... Fitted to my CLK at mo.... will go straight on yours....

I might be also interested in your wheels.... :)

As the title indicates folks. I have seen a set of 19" alloys with 225/35/19 tyres for sale. They were fitted to a 2001 VW golf gti mk4. Will these fit my 2001 c class sport coupe with/without adapters?:confused:

Any help appreciated.:bannana:

The bolt pattern of the Golf wheels is 5 bolts on a PCD of 100mm. Your Mercedes has 5 bolts on a PCD of 112mm, so they won't fit.

I wouldn't even think about adapters. They are just the wrong wheels for your car.

The only VW Group wheels that will fit are the ones from the Passat, Audi A4, A5 and A6, all of which have 5 bolts on a PCD of 112mm. But the offset is also likely to be wrong, and furthermore you will have to have the counterbores machined out from the 57.1mm diameter of the VW wheels to the Mercedes figure, which I cannot recall offhand but is much larger.

The bolt pattern of the Golf wheels is 5 bolts on a PCD of 100mm. Your Mercedes has 5 bolts on a PCD of 112mm, so they won't fit.

I wouldn't even think about adapters. They are just the wrong wheels for your car.

The only VW Group wheels that will fit are the ones from the Passat, Audi A4, A5 and A6, all of which have 5 bolts on a PCD of 112mm. But the offset is also likely to be wrong, and furthermore you will have to have the counterbores machined out from the 57.1mm diameter of the VW wheels to the Mercedes figure, which I cannot recall offhand but is much larger.

Thanks alot Tony. Exactly the information I was looking for.:rock:

The only VW Group wheels that will fit are the ones from the Passat, Audi A4, A5 and A6, all of which have 5 bolts on a PCD of 112mm.
The golf mk5 wheels are also 5x112:)

Cheers for the replys guys, To be honest the only reason I was looking at the 19's was that they were very cheap and if it was gonna be pretty straight forward to change then I'm onto a winner!:D

My 17" evos have just been refurbished with 4 new tyres and are looking great but if you end up selling your 18"s Baldguy give me a shout with an indication of price and I will get back to you.Although I'm sure they might be too expensive for me;)

Muchos gracias

Wulliewanfit If you decide to sell your 17's I'll give you a good price ?
cheers Mark :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom