Will This CD/Radio Fit My W208?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nicensleazy

Car
1998 CLK230
I've seen advertised on fleabay a fully working 2004 model MF 2540 double DIN CD/ Radio MERC PART NUMBER A 209 8 20 2689 reasonably priced.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the single DIN unit fitted to my CLK apart from the fact that it refuses to play copied CD's and it can't handle MP3 discs, so I fancy a change and thought that a double DIN unit would look good in my CLK's dash.

The question (or questions) though before I start handing over my hard earned is,
1. will it fit,
2. will it work or is the canbus different
and
3. if it fits, does anybody know what adaptor kit would be needed?

Thanks as always in anticipation of your replies ;)

You would need to change the centre console to a post facelift, AC controls to a post facelift and the wiring to quadlock.

You would need to change the centre console to a post facelift, AC controls to a post facelift and the wiring to quadlock.

In that case I'll keep looking for something else, it's just not worth the time, trouble and expense. Thanks for the information, greatly appreciated :thumb:

In that case I'll keep looking for something else, it's just not worth the time, trouble and expense. Thanks for the information, greatly appreciated :thumb:

In that case, what was the ebay ref?

npuk - Same question as the original op. I have a Y2K W208 230K which I think is post facelift (steering wheel buttons etc.)

Last edited:
Sorry I actually mis read the original post as the OP having a 2004 CLK so a W209. In a W208 you wont be able to fit an Audio 20. So ignore post #2 that is if you have a pre facelift W209 and wanted to fit the post facelift stereo which is the Audio 20.

You could fit an aftermarket double din if you wanted.

In that case, what was the ebay ref?

npuk - Same question as the original op. I have a Y2K W208 230K which I think is post facelift (steering wheel buttons etc.)

In a W208 the car has a standard single din stereo with pocket underneath. You could fit an aftermarket double din but a mercedes audio 20 wont fit due to the shape and as it is larger than an aftermarket double din.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom