window problem on my beloved w124 cabrio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Ladies, Gents. hello

long time no speak.. need to pick your brains..

the rear driver side window works periodically..

when i push the window button, it goes down, but then stops randomly.

It then wont work for any time scale from 1 minute to 8 hours..

then randomly, it will start working perfectly again not sluggish or slow...

No other windows have any problems, but this one is bugging me now..

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

Probably dodgy connector inside the door, next time it doesn't work keep holding the button & bang the inside of the door with your fist,if it then jumps into life thats the answer.

Its a common problem. More than likely your window motor is wet. Best solution in that case is a new motor.

Hi Boss! Good to see you back for a while! :)

If I recall I was in a meeting and to be honest, by the time I got back, was too late to call! :)

How's things?

If I recall I was in a meeting and to be honest, by the time I got back, was too late to call! :)

How's things?

all well.. just finished renovating my flat.. been a busy boy lol.

is the wifey back?

Scrap it? :devil: :D :bannana:

Well, if the ash permits, she'll be back next thursday! :D

Ladies, Gents. hello

long time no speak.. need to pick your brains..

the rear driver side window works periodically..

when i push the window button, it goes down, but then stops randomly.

It then wont work for any time scale from 1 minute to 8 hours..

then randomly, it will start working perfectly again not sluggish or slow...

No other windows have any problems, but this one is bugging me now..

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

I had this prblem with my coupe. I took the door trim off, removed the motor, removed the casing ffrom the motor, squirted lashings off WD40 on it (drenching it and washing off a little crud), reassembled, and now works fine.

Its probably worn brushes in the motor, if you value your time just replace the motor unless you fancy trying to strip it - I tried and broke one, sent back a replacement from a breakers and a pattern part which wouldn't fit and then just stumped up the cash for the correct part and fitted it in 5 minutes.

There's a lengthy thread covering it on here somewhere.

Ade

Hi

an update.. as either the front switch or the rear switch for the rear driver side window is pressed, there is a clicking noise under the passenger side of the rear seat bench. I presume this is a relay of some nature (some one mentioned its worth tapping the relay box) did this, no luck...

arghh so frustrating...

so the problem is not in the switch, but something in the relay to the window.. as mentioned, everything else works, just this one window that is being a nuisance.. intermittently working/not working...

any further advice appreciated!

further update:

the inner sound deadening had a 5 cm lip fold, which was causing residue on the outer edge of front passenger window.

the front window goes up and down, but sticks on going up about 1/3rd of the way.. no teeth damaged, and it all looks pretty tidy and clean in there... but as the window goes up or down, there is the most annoying and high pitched squeak..

its coming from near where the motor bits are.. any ideas?

NOW for the rear one, the window is pretty much dead now.. is it a motor or regulator..

and how does one remove the rear quarter interior panel on the cabrio's

if you have diagrams, i would help for future reference..

i might upgrade the speakers at the rear whilst my guys are at it!

Any help or advice appreciacted!

lol.. midlife crisis for sure..

The teeth on the regulator seem all fine on the front window mechanism, and there is no clicking.. its just very very slow and very very squeaky..

ideas please guys...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom