1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

Windows 7 and a stupid question

Discussion in 'PC and I.T support/Advice posts' started by petermansell, Nov 10, 2010.

1. petermansell

petermansell Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C 250 CDI Coupe
    I've not used Windows 7 and understand that it comes without an internet browser. So here's the stupid question. If I get a pc with windows 7 and it doesn't have a web browser how do I log onto the net to download one? :doh:

I'm sure I am missing something:confused:

2. KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    CLS55 AMG
    Please ignore my comment, I got the wrong end of the stick

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  3. wemorgan

wemorgan Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A205 C220d
  4. fuzzer

fuzzer Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    F25 X3 20d SE
    no versions of windows 7 come without and internet browser. Microsoft didnt have to release a version and it comes down via windows update. It will download an icon to your desktop and you run this , says make sure youre connected to the internet and then gives you a choice of web browser.

But , all versions come with a web browser out the box. There is an N version that doesnt come with media player and there are various korean versions without certain features , but buying bog standard windows 7 will come with a web browser.

5. momomo

momomo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Windows 7 on PC does come with a browser IIRC.

6. blaser24nig

blaser24nig Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Stunning SL350
    It does come with a web browser and gives you the opportunity to choose any other ones aswell...

7. OP
    OP
    petermansell

petermansell Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C 250 CDI Coupe
    Ah .... thanks all. I will happily order now

8. Swozza

Swozza Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C32 AMG
    100% correct. The first bootup will ask the user to choose a default. IE, Firefox or Safari.

9. gaz_l

gaz_l Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SLK55, Lancia Ypsilon Twinair
    I think the EU commission threw its teddy out of the pram regarding Microsoft bundling Internet Explorer with Windows and trying to monopolise the browser market (Microsoft? Surely not..)

Hence nowadays you are offered a choice of browsers with a fresh Windows installation (not sure about upgrades?). Firefox works nicely for me (your mileage may vary) and is available cross-platform which again suits my needs as I seldom use Windows at home.

Cheers,

Gaz