Windows 7 and a stupid question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petermansell

Car
C 250 CDI Coupe
I've not used Windows 7 and understand that it comes without an internet browser. So here's the stupid question. If I get a pc with windows 7 and it doesn't have a web browser how do I log onto the net to download one? :doh:

I'm sure I am missing something:confused:

Please ignore my comment, I got the wrong end of the stick

Last edited:
I've not used Windows 7 and understand that it comes without an internet browser. So here's the stupid question. If I get a pc with windows 7 and it doesn't have a web browser how do I log onto the net to download one? :doh:

I'm sure I am missing something:confused:

no versions of windows 7 come without and internet browser. Microsoft didnt have to release a version and it comes down via windows update. It will download an icon to your desktop and you run this , says make sure youre connected to the internet and then gives you a choice of web browser.

But , all versions come with a web browser out the box. There is an N version that doesnt come with media player and there are various korean versions without certain features , but buying bog standard windows 7 will come with a web browser.

Windows 7 on PC does come with a browser IIRC.

I think the EU commission threw its teddy out of the pram regarding Microsoft bundling Internet Explorer with Windows and trying to monopolise the browser market (Microsoft? Surely not..)

Hence nowadays you are offered a choice of browsers with a fresh Windows installation (not sure about upgrades?). Firefox works nicely for me (your mileage may vary) and is available cross-platform which again suits my needs as I seldom use Windows at home.

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom