Windscreen cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

satumashirt611

Car
mercedes e220
Anyone know the cost of a windscreen for a w203? My neighbors son cracked his and he won't claim on the insurance.

Sent from my 5056X using Tapatalk

His insurance doesn't have screen replacement for a fixed cost? Usually doesn't affect NCB

Yeah, it's about 500 quid.

Just pay the insurance 60 or 75 quid.

We had all the windows on both our cars smashed and it was 75 quid for me and 60 for her for all glass replaced.

it counts as a claim now with LV

About £140 fitted for an aftermarket screen i.e. doesn't have Mercedes branding.

That's better price. Cheers

Sent from my 5056X using Tapatalk

About £140 fitted for an aftermarket screen i.e. doesn't have Mercedes branding.

It's also cheaper if you find an independent automotive glazier compared with Autoglass (for example). - They seem to understand the mechanics of a job the owner is paying for, rather than one the insurer normally pays for.

Ultimately Mercedes don't make windscreens; someone like Saint Gobain or NSG make them under contract. So a screen without the MB logo may be otherwise identical to one with the logo.

Identical spec but not the same quality i.e. it may have optical aberrations/distortions or the silk screening around the edges imperfect.

Only those screens that meet OEM spec and quality standards get the logo..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom