Windscreen washer jet adjustment tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnoscannell

Car
Mercedes C220 Estate
Evening folks, the search function disappears just as I bring it up so apologies if this is covered elsewhere. So, the windscreen wash jets on my 14 plate 220 are adjusted way too low, even when stationary. just figured out today that there is a tool for adjusting these. Anyone know if this comes hidden in the car in a kit or compartment somewhere? I'd prefer not to take it to the dealership to resolve such a minor issue. Love the motor generally, first time having an estate and great upgrade from previous A3.:thumb: Much obliged for any info...

What's wrong with using a needle? Don't people have sewing kits anymore? :dk:

I'm sure the long pen-like tool makes things easier, but for the last 45 years, I've managed to clear and aim the nozzles using an ordinary sewing pin. (No, not the same one!)

I think the 204 jets need a different type of tool to the traditional needle, there's (naturally) a special MB tool for it, but pricey. Saw a thread about it on here or t'other side some time ago, noticed it as my washer jets are also lower than I'd like them. Be worth asking at your local MB dealer.

That was my thread. :bannana:

You CAN'T use a needle tool on the W204s.

You need a tool that looks like two short flatblade screwdrivers welded together.

And it costs FORTY ****ING QUID.

****ers.

I'm just going to wait til service time and get the garage to do it.

Link to the thread please - just gone through 20 pages of your posts and can't find it!

Evening folks, the search function disappears just as I bring it up so apologies if this is covered elsewhere. So, the windscreen wash jets on my 14 plate 220 are adjusted way too low, even when stationary. just figured out today that there is a tool for adjusting these. Anyone know if this comes hidden in the car in a kit or compartment somewhere? I'd prefer not to take it to the dealership to resolve such a minor issue. Love the motor generally, first time having an estate and great upgrade from previous A3.:thumb: Much obliged for any info...

They could be too low because they need adjusting...or they could be too low because the jet is not powerful enough. How is the jet?

I have the tool in my tool box. When I get in tomorrow I'll post a picture of it. Got it from my local mb dealer after getting him to adjust my screen jets last year.
Paid a fiver for cash as he had several in workshop

I usually cut a bristle from a wire brush...works a treat.

Why do MB persist with this Bol**cks ? my washer nozzles are shooting low and I refuse to buy a 'special' tool to align them. Fortunately for me I am in a position to make a suitable tool at no cost.

Most owners will have to buy one at a stupid price or pay MB to adjust their washer jets....hold on... THAT'S why MB persist with this Bol**cks....!

Cheers for all the info folks. I improvised with 2 small flat head screwdrivers, gently gently was the secret

So hard to find this tool online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom