Windscreen - Worn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topdown

Car
E500
Noticed driving into the setting sun that my windscreen is not a 'clear' as it should be. Although there are 2 or 3 small stone nicks and after giving it a really good clean inside and out it is as if has been sand blasted between the layers. Screen original 6 years old. Anyone else seen this?...Stop driving into sunshine is a fix.....

Noticed driving into the setting sun that my windscreen is not a 'clear' as it should be. Although there are 2 or 3 small stone nicks and after giving it a really good clean inside and out it is as if has been sand blasted between the layers. Screen original 6 years old. Anyone else seen this?...Stop driving into sunshine is a fix.....

Mine is exactly the same, and after replacing it due to a large crack, the new one soon went the same way. I'm afraid the roads are no longer swept clear of debris and the numerous potholes result in small particles which in effect are sandblasting your screen.

Russ

Most cars that have seen a lot of motorway use can display a pitted windscreen.
A new screen is the only solution.

Most cars that have seen a lot of motorway use can display a pitted windscreen.
A new screen is the only solution.

I'm sure that was true many years ago, but the roads in some areas are so bad now that cars that never see m/ways still get sandblasted windscreens. I know mine has.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom