Wing badge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigrichw

Car
CLS 55
So the CLS I bought is a 55k but was badged as a 6.3. I bought some 5.5 AMG badges for the wing, but OE is V8 Kompressor ... Should I put these on instead? (Don't want to de-badge)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it were mine, I'd want oem V8 Kompressor badges on the CLS.

I think the 5.5 AMG badges were on the C55.

I think you are right.. Hard to get hold off though

Hi,
I bought my CLS 55 with all its badges either removed or painted black, I have now replaced all the badges on the car with the exception of the V8 Kompressor badges as I have never particularly liked them though, well at least not enough to pay about £100 for OEM ones.
The ones AMGeed has posted I bought earlier this week for 99p +p&p, I will let you know what their quality is like when they arrive, if you still need them.
Still not sure whether I will fit them but at that price it was worth a punt.

If it were mine, I'd want oem V8 Kompressor badges on the CLS.

I think the 5.5 AMG badges were on the C55.

I think you are right.. Hard to get hold off though

The 5.5 AMG badges were never made by Mercedes. Their design is based on the original 6.3 AMG badges but they are an aftermarket item. Personally, I'd either keep the 'V8 Kompressor' badges as they look great or debadge (my current choice).

Bought some...

If you Google the A220 817 10 15 number shown in the Ebay link from post #7, it seems to be the number for a 4Matic badge!

A230 817 05 15 is the V8 Kompressor badge.

Last edited:
Either the 5.5 or v8 compressor. Having a 6.3 badge is lame. Not much better than an AMG badge on a diesel, like the bloke at work. Has a E320 with quad exhaust and AMG badges everywhere. :wallbash:

Could someone please help me with the measurements of the wing badge A & B
Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1143.jpg
    IMG_1143.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 21
The 5.5 AMG badges were never made by Mercedes. Their design is based on the original 6.3 AMG badges but they are an aftermarket item. Personally, I'd either keep the 'V8 Kompressor' badges as they look great or debadge (my current choice).
Hi, C55 never had wing badges just C55 on the left of the boot and AMG on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom