Wing Mirror Tightening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wu56Shoozz

MB Enthusiast
You'll need a passport to get over the Wall..
Car
MB Vito 111CDi / W203 C Class Saloon 320CDi Avantgarde
How do you tighten the wing mirrors on a W203. Mine appear loose as if they had been hit and bent out of position, when returned they are now slack but not at the bolts holding to the car. Any Ideas..o_O

if they are motorised, which i'm going to assume they are then the slack you are felling is not uncommon, it happens when you fold the mirrors in manually, and then back out - in your case, i'll assume that was the contact you spoke of, and you moved them by hand to the normal position, to remove the slack, press the mirror out button, that should take up the slack, alternatively, fold them in electrically, then back out electrically.

I'm going to add this bit here, because this thread will return in peoples searches - If the frame is actually loose on the car door, then that is not quite as simple, because once you have removed the cover to expose all 3 screws, there is a very good chance the screws used are 5 point security torxplus heads, with the pin in the middle, note i said 5 point, not the more common 6 point. If that is the case, then you will need one of these sets (or buy the individual one that fits, if you can find it)

ae235

Laser Torx Bit Set 23Pcs

Don't ask me why a "security" bit set, has 5 points with the holes in them, but the 6 point bits don't !! - as i had a number of these types of sets, i swapped the 6 point ones for those with the security pin hole, that way i have a decent set to cover most occasions in one box !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom