Winter Boots on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
Well after quote from MB at £1300 I went to Wheelbase and for £879 had a full set of 17" Matt black MSW 5 spokes fitted with Nokian WR D3 225/45/17 tyres they don't quite fill the arches like the 18" AMG's but I'm happy and hope they perform as well as the test results where they bettered continentals
I know black is not everyone's cup of tea but for winter boots they are fine, can now have the scuffs sorted on the 18"s and have new summer tyres fitted, on 3.5mm of tread the pilot sport 3s are useless in anything but bone dry roads!

Last edited:
Not a fan of black wheels myself but when I had my Jeep GC vinyled in matte grey I had the wheels done in matte black and it looked great.

Really goes quite well with grey IMO.

I'm just glad I can just leave mine on the drive when snow comes and use the ML! :D

Not keen on black either.

Certainly not all year but for winter wheels have no probs :) I even thought about plasti-coating my winters before they go on the ML

:)

Well after quote from MB at £1300 I went to Wheelbase and for £879 had a full set of 17" Matt black MSW 5 spokes fitted with Nokian WR D3 225/45/17 tyres they don't quite fill the arches like the 18" AMG's but I'm happy and hope they perform as well as the test results where they bettered continentals
I know black is not everyone's cup of tea but for winter boots they are fine, can now have the scuffs sorted on the 18"s and have new summer tyres fitted, on 3.5mm of tread the pilot sport 3s are useless in anything but bone dry roads!
May be its the camera's angle?? Your tyre looks a bit flat??

I am not keen on black wheels too, may be dark grey or titanium would be nice.

My snows are on 17 black matte wheels, car is black
All looks awesome :)
And yours looks good too
Black is good, suit any car colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom