1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

Winter Check - Check!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greyman63, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Greyman63

Greyman63 Member

Car:
    CLS55
    Had my free winter check done today which was good. Flagged up a leaking gearbox and that I'll need new rubber on the rears soon...but on the plus side the car was washed and I got a free fleece blanket!

It was a first class service from Mercedes and no complaints from me on that!

I recently discovered that the car had DRL! Tried to take a picture but it doesn't do them justice. Think they add a whole new element to the car! These are the lights that swap between DRL and fogs so best of both worlds.

[​IMG]

Whats the general thought on the service that's due...

MB say its a Service A + Spark plugs + Gearbox service
    Indi say Service B (no sparks) + Gearbox service

Sparks were replaced mid 2013.

After looking at the service history the woman at the indi said that in her 12 years there she has never seen a car like this have such a complete history...so thanks whitenemesis :thumb:

2. AMGeed

AMGeed Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2004 W211 E55K ///AMG
    Spark plugs are every 50k miles or 4 years IIRC. I'd take your indi's advice.

1 person likes this.
  3. ph47mf

ph47mf Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W212 E220D
    I took mine in for a winter check before christmas too. Whilst trying their various biscuits in the waiting area they sent me a text with a video link which showed a technician doing a visual check on my car along with some detailed commentary. Very professional.

4. gr1nch

gr1nch Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus 2017 Iridium Silver over Black Nappa
    Wow, which dealership was that? Mind you they could have a viewing window or live CCTV coverage.

5. ash59fifty-uk

ash59fifty-uk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
    Most do that mine does, VW also does it

6. knighterrant

knighterrant Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2012 Facelift C350 Sport Saloon with M276 petrol engine
    I also had mine checked just before Christmas. No blankets left so they gave me a very posh thermos flask. The next day I received by email a video of part of the check; not all that informative but still a nice touch. (They also did a good job of cleaning my filthy car!)