Winter tyre set

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Captain Smerc

Car
C63
Anyone want a set of Vredstein Wintrac Xtreme S ? 235/35 R 19 & 255/35 R 19 . Only used last winter . Excellent condition , approx 6.5mm tread , no punctures or side wall damage . I found these to be a superb winter tyre on my C63 . £ 350 , they are up on Ebay from today .

Would you consider selling just the 255/35s?
That would do my fronts...
I agree they are great tyres....

Would you consider selling just the 255/35s?
That would do my fronts...
Just as a FYI, 255/35 can be used all round as a winter fitment on a W212 E63, and is what I ran last winter on mine :thumb:

Just as a FYI, 255/35 can be used all round as a winter fitment on a W212 E63, and is what I ran last winter on mine :thumb:

Cheers Phil, that will simplify things...
I do like the Vredestein Wintrac extremes but they dont do 285/30, in fact not many do...
Do you keep them on your normal rims and change over or do you have a winter rim set too? I prefer just changing the tyres over as I like to keep the look of the car....

Cheers Phil, that will simplify things...
Indeed it does, and it also has the advantage that by using the same size all round you can rotate the tyres front to rear to even out the wear.
I do like the Vredestein Wintrac extremes but they dont do 285/30, in fact not many do...
I had the same problem with Michelin Pilot Alpin 4's when I bought them last year but note that they do now offer a 285/30 version - albeit at a significant price premium over the 255/35.
Do you keep them on your normal rims and change over or do you have a winter rim set too? I prefer just changing the tyres over as I like to keep the look of the car....
I fitted the winter tyres to my standard rims (the summer P Zeros were on their last legs anyway) and have just swapped back to Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3's. I did think about getting a second set of rims but they don't come up that often on the bay of dreams, and swapping the tyres on the rims has the advantage that I can easily swap front to rear next winter too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom