Winter Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John N

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Peterborough. - (Scot on Permanent Tour!)
Car
GLB 220D 4Matic P+
Anyone have an ideas from experience as to what Winter Tyres are available to replace my Continental 255/35 ZR19 on the rear and front 225/40 ZR19's?

I have a gloom & doom feeling that this winter is going to be miserable!

Google finds a few Sites, but when I enter the Sizes they all come back with none available!:rolleyes:

Same sizes as mine, I've bought spare wheels and I'm fitting 225/50x17 all round for winter.

Russ

Are you wanting to replace the tyres like for like size wise, or get some winter tyres on winter wheels? I’m not sure you will get winters in those sizes. If they are not on Camskil, Mytyres or Oponeo then they don’t exist.

My preference is a set of winter wheels and tyres. Your handbook or tyre label on the the filler flap advise the correct size. It maybe shown as M+S.

Anyone have an ideas from experience as to what Winter Tyres are available to replace my Continental 255/35 ZR19 on the rear and front 225/40 ZR19's?

Google finds a few Sites, but when I enter the Sizes they all come back with none available!:rolleyes:
Have a look in your manual, it will state the recommended winter tyre figment. It's often narrower (typically 20mm or so) than the summer fitment.

I bought some winter tyres about 5 years ago for the first time, mainly because I was traveling to France skiing. Great through the snow there but here in the UK I didn’t really need them. I took them off and they sat in my garden for 4years until I sold them recently.
I won’t bother again for driving in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah I would have bought those tyres

When you've decided on the sizes you want then check out Vredestein's web site for availability. I've used Vresestein for several years now. Good quality tyres at a reasonable cost.

The ones that would get him to 30 posts so that he qualifies to advertise his poxy wheel.

And to post in the wanted section for another poxy wheel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom