Wiper/indicator woes - part info needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rlw

Car
CLK55AMG
I've posted this elsewhere as I'm trying to reach the widest number of people to sort it out....

My CLK55 has an ongoing problem in that I can have wipers or indicators but not both - consistently - at the same time. My indy has fitted s/h stalks but has said that the main problem is with a ring that is on the column into which things are plugged. A new one is on back order from MB but no date can be given for delivery.

The indy can't/won't give me the part number, saying they ordered it off a schematic supplied by MB and don't have it. Odd. I'd like to try and locate one secondhand but not knowing what the Hell I need makes that very difficult. Does anyone have access to these schematics or have any idea of what I actually need.

If I knew where the remains of my old CLK went, I would ring them.....

Got this on my w203 C32. Hoping to replace the unit also........ :thumb:

Only thing I can thing of that fits the description is the steering angle sensor [ sometimes known as the clock spring I believe]MERCEDES CALL IT A CONTACT SPIRAL
has various part nos according to chassis
A2034640118, A16946400518, A16946400918, A16946401018 depending on chasssis no. my guess would be A 1694641018 which from the part no is shared by the 169, 245 B class and 209 COUPE without exact car detail difficult to say for certain.
e.g.
http://www.usedautopartsyouneed.com...cedes-benz-clock-spring-a1694641018-8228.html

Thanks Grober - I'll check with my indy next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom