wirelessly replacing speaker cable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidL

MB Enthusiast
Car
s203 C55, x218 CLS63
How do I do this?
I have a basic sony 5.1 system with monitor audio radius speakers. I want to put the speakers in places where I can't hide the cables. Surely by now there must be a bluetooth or similar system that I can connect to the amp speaker connections one end and the speakers the other to simply replace the cables.
Question is how? I've looked at sonos and other bluetooth stuff but as I read it this will connect the system to a phone or tablet to play music but that's not quite what I want.
Thanks

There's surely 2 issues here. Transfer of audio signal and production of power to drive the speakers = requires energy. Until wireless communication such as bluetooth can carry power as well as signal then you have to supply power to drive them. Wireless speakers will have batteries plus a single channel amp as onboard power systems inside them. These will power the speakers and the bluetooth receiver. I would surmise you could rig up some form of small wireless communication amp to speakers relatively easily but you are still left with the problem of driving them

Last edited:
^ This

I live in a barn conversion that has lots of lovely wood, vaulted ceilings etc. I also like my Hi-Fi and banging toons. I searched and continue to do so, for a wireless solution. Alas it seems that unless you buy a purpose built system then you are doomed to a life of wires.

A solution can be to make the wires a feature and use fat cables that can look quiet attractive (how sad is that). This does not get rid of the issue of door and window openings. Also it can increase the trip risk to the unwary.

I have also heard bad things about purpose built wireless systems having interference and interrupts caused by other kit.

Thanks. Best I found was he system that connects the 2 surround speakers to a powered receiver and hence power. So you get rid of the wires from front to rear but still have some. I assumed by now there would be a system where you simply attach bits to the amp and speaker and it works wirelessly.
Apparently not.

Have a look at Bose, they have a surround sound system where the rear speakers (which require power but no wires to the amp) connect wireless to the main amp and front speakers (again, power required, and front speakers are wired to the amp). However, the cost...which is why I don't have one!

Bose Soundtouch would be my first choice too but as everything in life it comes with a price.
For multi room sound you can use one of LG multi room wireless speakers. It's called LG Music Flow and there are different options available H3, H4, H7 etc. I don't know if you'll need some LG amplifier to connect all speakers wirelessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom