Wiring : Replacing worn connector plugs on W208

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjs_riley

Hi. The plastic connector plugs (connecting the wiring to plug into the sensors) on my 2001 W208 CLK 230K M111 Engine, are slowly disintegrating and coming loose from the sensors (particularly the MAF, throttle body and camshaft position sensor)
I believe this is the reason I get fault codes every week, to clear and to come up again 7-10 days later. The sensors have been changed hence my belief that the cause is the connectors.

Does anyone here know where I can buy the plastic connectors/heads which plug into the sensors ? Perhaps I can recrimp the wiring to these new heads and save a bomb by not having to replace the wire harness.

Thanks in advance!

MB do repair kits for the connectors on the wiring looms.
It takes some hunting on the Electronic Parts Catalogue to get the numbers but they are not expensive, £2-3 each.
You will need some in-line solder crimps to get the best connection when repairing them.
If you are not sure about hunting through the EPC then if you put up your VIN we will help in the search. I had to replace the connector for the air con pressure/temp sensor on mine.

Tony

Thanks Tony.
I had my mechanic look thru the Electronic Parts Catalogue ( I don't have access to it myself). No Joy.
Can anyone help please ?

The VIN no is WDB2084482T085056
2001 clk 230K convertible.

I'm looking to replace the connectors on the MAF, Camshaft / Crankshaft sensors, Throttle Body sensor and the Recirculating Air Valve Sensor. And may as well do the 2 O2 sensor connectors while I am at it.

Its in EPC. Go to your Mercedes parts department rather than the mechanic as they will (probably) be very used to finding these parts

Looking at your data card, your engine is a 119882 - if you look in the info for that, in engine cable harness, lots of the connectors, contacts and repair kits are listed

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom