WIS advice for an idiot please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bad news i am afraid , no access to the commercial vehicles on WIS, including the Viano as MB are worried about it being used by a business.

Zenman and I have raised this with the powers that be and they were supposed to be raising it in a meeting this month. Not heard anything back yet. But do not hold your breath

Nick

Hi - I have a traveliner but I guess then that also comes under the commercial vehicle heading. I am going to email the merc club and ask for a refund then as I saw nothing telling me I would not be able to get access :-(

Neither did we, it does not say anything about it on their web page . I have used the 10% discount on parts a lot , so have some of my money back, but access to WIS would be the icing on the cake.

Post on their forum aswell, your voice will be added to mine and zenmans and may have a small impact

Nick

Does anybody actually read the forum?

Probably not, but you never know do you ,

Last we heard was they were going to ask the germans the reasons for it

not heard back yet

We will see.

I cant see the problem , what difference would access to WIS for commercial vehicles make, when there are a lot more people who work on mercedes cars than commercial vehicles , and they allow access to the UNIMOG , which last time i looked was a ******* huge truck Lol

Nick

Does anybody actually read the forum?

YUP some do. I made comment at the time. Thought the club were slightly unfair not to make clear on their website that certain models were excluded.
vis:-
Unique Access to EPC and WIS
Club Members enjoy free access to the Mercedes-Benz Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC) and Workshop Information System (WIS). These on-line systems make it easy to identify any parts required and provide instructions on how to fit them.

no mention of " exclusions" but as mentioned its under investigation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom