WIS part identification help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys!
Help needed with WIS and part identification.
Was servicing w208 clk320 today and the black pipe that goes from the manifold to master cylinder broke off, it looked like someone tried to repair it before.
The pipe itself looks ok just the black plastic connector that connects the pipe to manifold broken.
Can anyone here help with WIS how to replace it and what it's called exactly to order from the dealer please?
You can see the black pipe right at the back of the engine in the picture.
Thanks

View attachment 59487

Last edited:
Dont know about the pipe ,but i would clean out the water vents under the window .Or soon you will have water in the foot wells ..Noy nit picking you .Just information .Looks like its been standing for some time .

Some suggested fixes here. Important principles of operation being- the line is under vacuum so must be semi rigid to stop collapsing- and vacuum tight to avoid manifold air leaks.
Brake booster hose broken @ intake manifold... need help - Mercedes-Benz Forum
# the part is described as LINE- from intake manifold to brake booster assembly
elsewhwere as brake servo [ BOOSTER] vacuum line.
As you see the part no varies according to engine or RHD or LHD [ article is from US]
Part you need is A202 4304529 for RA

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply guys but really an instruction needed how to replace it as the half of the tube left inside the manifold and I don't know how to open it to get it out and I don't want to damage anything.
Thanks

Hi guys!
Help needed with WIS and part identification.
Was servicing w208 clk320 today and the black pipe that goes from the manifold to master cylinder broke off, it looked like someone tried to repair it before.
The pipe itself looks ok just the black plastic connector that connects the pipe to manifold broken.
Can anyone here help with WIS how to replace it and what it's called exactly to order from the dealer please?
You can see the black pipe right at the back of the engine in the picture.
Thanks

View attachment 59487

It's a vacuum brake pipe. Just pull one end gently from the reservoir and the other from the manifold. There won't be any serious resistance as you do the same to install the new part in.

Doubt there will be a WIS on that. It really is as simple as it looks to remove/install it. Just replaced one in my CL. Took less than 30 seconds all in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom