Wisdom needed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Last Hedonist

Car
SLK 320 (2001) Luverly!
[FONT=&quot]Hi Folks,
Just joined up as I'm determined to become an MB owner, but........:wallbash:

I've been trying to find an SLK320 (2000 on) for around £8K in Black (preferably with tan/black leather and a bit of walnut) for about 3 months now.

I patiently trawl the sites, auto trader, ebay and all the other obvious places, but with no real luck. Am I missing something here? Are these cars rather rare or do they trade in places I'm not aware of? Or am I just being a fussy bugger and will just have to wait?

Any tips or advice on buying will be most gratefully received. My dad left me a bit of money (bless 'im) and so I'm not really used to this kinda class of car, (did have a MkII Jag 3.4 once!) but he loved his driving and so I'm sure he'd approve of my use of his modest legacy.

Hope there's some help out there!

[/FONT]

You have picked, it seems, a reasonably rare combination for the SLK! Most of the ones I've seen are red/blue/silver with light interiors and alu trim!

I'm sure you will find one out there - where are you located? Have you tried Jay @ mercland.com? He's a member and a rather nice chap too!

Just stick at it. In time one will step forward.
Knowing you have the RIGHT mercedes is like when you meet your future wife for the first time.
Something just tells you..............its a feeling in your wallet that is the giveaway.
For both.

Many thanks to you all for your comment.
Wemorgan. Keeping track of Piston Heads wemorgan. thx
Kwakdonut: It does seem rare. There is one on Ebay at the moment but the seller has zero history and he's not really answered questions properly, so my instincts have kicked in and I'm a bit wary. I'm in Stamford Lincs. Will check out Jay. Thanks to you too.
Verytalldave. You seem to confirm my feelings about just being patient. And funny what you said about meeting your future wife! I saw a rare one down south (deep aubergine, tan/black interior, walnut, etc and knew that was the one immediately!!! A little over budget but that didn't seem important all of a sudden! Picked up the phone straight awat and guess what? Some footballers wife from Manchester had just bought it!! Grrrrr!! I felt as if the love of my life had just dumped me!
Thanks again to you all. The search continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom