Wonderful E55 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abecketts

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280cdi, Disco2, Alfa 166 3.0 and tractors
It's a thing of great beauty.

If it's the car I'm thinking of, (not many like that around and in that colour) I'm pretty sure it sold in around February/March last year on ebay for around £4,300 - 4,600. I thought about buying it myself back then. The seller was from London and I think it came to my attention from a thread on this very forum. A cool car indeed. :cool:

The alloys need refurbing and there's corrosion on the bottom of the N/S rear door and N/S rear arch - bargaining points.
Send a couple of friends (that walk away from the deal) to test the water on price etc. Hope you get it.

Looks great but overpriced IMO.

I agree ... A 2001 saloon in very good condition with 116k miles, heated orthapedic and sat nav sold for £3k the other day and needed no bodywork.

Edit ... And it was a trade seller.

This is a nice one though .. Colour is lovely and interior looks nice combo.

Last edited:
If he'll give you a really good price for your E240 , it might be a reasonable buy. What it went for on eBay suggests it's true value is no more than £4K now, but it's "worth" whatever somebody will pay for it; how much do you want it?

'Send a couple of friends (that walk away from the deal) to test the water on price etc.' Now that is VERY good advice.

Good luck.

Still sitting there waiting for a buyer. LINK.

It's a lovely looking thing, but it would have to be very tidy to make the asking price. The close-up pictures show there's work to be done.

Still sitting there waiting for a buyer. LINK.

It's a lovely looking thing, but it would have to be very tidy to make the asking price. The close-up pictures show there's work to be done.

I agree, i've had to curb my enthusiasm for the moment on this one and get a new lawnmower instead.

Worth £3.5k tops ..

Worth £3.5k tops ..

Not many in that colour. It really is a lovely thing, but bringing it up to the mark would cost around £1500 - £2000.

I almost bid on it when last for sale on ebay at around £4200 and regret not buying it, really.
For sure, the seller will be fortunate to sell at the listed price. I wish someone would buy it to put me out of my misery.

way overpriced, nice car tho, good potential, not for that money .

Beauty is relative really

Id compare the E55 Wagon to the likes of Jamie Lee Curtis / Lucy Lawless - not beutiful per say but you know you would ;)

I don't think that any W210 could ever be described as such.

It's a lovely car. Oodles of style, kit, comfort, poke and that colour... :cool:

It's a lovely car. Oodles of style, kit, comfort, poke and that colour... :cool:

I'll concede the kit, comfort and poke.

But style ? Not a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom