Worked in Finance

how many of the board are or were banking/finance professionals.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SportsCoupeRich

MB Enthusiast
Car
RRS
the comments that are made around the budget, stocks, shares, ISAs etc always have me wondering how many of the board are banking/finance professionals.

At the risk of being shot down, I am by trade, but not now, an M&A banker. These days I have my now businesses out in the Middle East doing B2B services for relocating teams of staff. Bit of a change.

Who else is/was that way inclined? I know Charles Morgan was, and like me had enough and left that life I believe.

Maybe a mod could add a poll? Yes, No, Would have, Glad not to have....

Of course, the term "professionals" would exclude Paul Flowers, wouldn't it?

I worked at JP Morgan in Credit Exotics and Commodities in the middle office/trader assistant type roles...

Was ok but wasnt for me... 4 years and then I started Mercland.

I left NatWest in 1989, it all went Pete Tong after that, not sure there is any connection though :D

I worked in Engineering Finance at the then Rover Group. Now you know how it met it's demise...

I was Leeds Permanent Building Society branch manager in Watford from 1980 to 1987, then left in the general exodus into "financial services".

Closest I've ever got to finance was when I realised that banks were for borrowing money from and not saving up your pennies. They helped me to start my business up many years ago, (30 years this April) but for all the day to day stuff I use a friendly accountant.

My experience with numbers is limited to Sudoku puzzles nowadays. :)

Been in financial services in one shape or another since I started work. Work for a global bank now, back office function, transversal remit.

Last edited:
Working in one of the biggest Global Investment banks for some time now at a Back Office function. Things are getting more challenging every year that pass.. and that is not just with my organisation but in others as well. I talk regularly to my peers in the other big IB and we share more or less similar pains i.e keeping up with regulatory , compliance, security and audit requirements

Theo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom