Worlds most expensive motorbike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As soon as i saw pic i thought mv:)
All of 105bhp and all for £250k

Lynall

My bike shares the same speedo :)

A Spa unit that looks like a bicycle speedo but accurate to .001 of a mile an hour up to 900mph or something ridiculous.

Its probably a real beast to ride. Normal MV augustas are scary enough but this one , at that value too would just be a little too worrisome to throw a leg over.

Was this made in the ferrari factory or is it a spoof?

It looks like a 1970's MV Agusta (and I don't mean that as any sort of criticism) with a load of home made fibreglass appied to it bearing the Ferrari logos.

I presume someone bought the MV and rebuilt it to look like that.

Personally, I'd have liked it better as it probably was.

Nothing special about it in my mind! :) It's a bespoke bike, the only thing Ferrari had to do with it was to allow him to put their badge on it.

I think you should read the ebay advert.

Ok, I re-read the ad in detail this time and, apart from the fact of the bodywork being aluminium and not fibreglass, I still feel the same about it.

I don't see it as looking any more attractive than the 'standard' model:

Classic MV Agusta - The Bike Museum

The 'scratch built engine' produces exactly the same power as the original too.

I don't doubt that very many hours have been spent lovingly producing a bespoke bike but on the other hand look at those brackets holding up the exhausts.

Really, it appears to me to be what (say) the Phil Read Replica was to the Honda 750 (albeit a one-off):

VintageBike.co.uk - Picture of Honda CB750 Phil Read Replica

Last year, I wrote to Stuttgart and asked if I could transfer the three-pointed star from my car and onto the grass collection box of my lawn mower.

In a letter, which I am selling together with the lawn mower, Herr Englehorn, who works in customer relations and is the son of Herr Englehorn senior who also worked at the factory (in the trimming department) until he retired, said I could do what the **** I liked with the star as far as the factory was concerned.

Rightly, I interpreted this to mean that my lawn mower is fully factory sanctioned and is thus unique since no lawn mower has ever carried the three pointed star before.

The lawn mower has languished in my shed for the past twenty years where it has rightly taken pride of place as a piece of tatt but the time has come for me to reluctantly sell it for a ludicrous sum.

Forum readers may PM me with overs in excess of £100,000.

lol it doesn't appeal to me but its not tat. An MV Agusta 75 SS America was the nicest bike I ever rode and I like almost everything they ever made but the 'Ferarri' doesn't do it for me at all.

lol it doesn't appeal to me but its not tat...

When I was choosing what to attach the star to, I tried to imagine what the great Herr Benz would have been doing if he had a spare Saturday afternoon. I imagined that he probably liked a stripy lawn and would have been happiest with a lawn mower with a well-dented grass collection box, some seriously blunted cutting blades and a sticky throttle. And possibly a bent front roller. Accordingly, I sought out these features for my homage to the great man. Unfortunately, this may make the mower appear to be tatt in some people's eyes but it should not encourage you to reduce the asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom