Worried about C63 secondary cat delete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TurboSpool

Car
Honda Civic
Hello all,

I am sorry to create another thread about the W204 secondary cat delete. I know it's been discussed to death...

I've had a W204 C63 since January this year, and I love it (obviously). But I have been watching some videos (this one specifically - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gy5CBDxRfE) and I found myself really wanting a bit more noise and pops / bangs.

I really love the standard noise, tone and bark, but I'd just like it a bit louder and with some more pops and bangs. I have done as much research as I can, and from what I understand, the secondary cat delete (with straight pipes) accomplishes just this?

I have booked it in at Longlife exhausts in Basingstoke in a couple of weeks time to have the work done. I'm just a bit worried about cutting and welding on such a lovely car.

- Has anyone on here had this done, and are you happy with the results?
- Will it make the standard sound louder with more pops / bangs? Or will I need to get a remap?
- Should I do it!?

Sorry for sounding so indecisive, but I'm just concerned about ruining the already beautiful sound!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

It will make it pop and bang.
For me I would not do it as the beautiful sound is just that.
I would however spend the money on a good remap which if done well should give you some more pops and bangs.

Is it something about C63s?

I was on the M4 recently when a black C63 came alongside and, presumably having flicked into neutral, promptly floored the throttle, lifted straight off and repeated 3 or 4 times, to make plenty of 'roar and pops and bangs' etc. He then promptly accelerated away hard.

I've never known anybody do that before (traffic lights, maybe, but not on a motorway), not even modded Corsas.

Why? Was I supposed to be impressed. Quite a few, not all, by any means C3s seem to be booted everywhere to make plenty of noise, but I've yet to see E, CLS, SL, S or AMG-GT driven in quite the same way.

Perhaps I'm getting old I don't mind a bit of noise where it's appropriate, and think my TVR is 'just right' (I wasn't in that at the time).

I thought that the C63s sound pretty good, for everyday use, as standard. Still, each to their own.

A Eurocharged remap will make the tone louder and nicer as it opends up the throttle more.

Secondary cat delete is very commonly done.

Prestige Car Service in Horndean is a forum sponsor and a short drive from you. Jack is good at doing these. Check them out!

De cat MOT failure

The bottom line is any car that has had any part of its standard exhaust system removed can fail an MOT even if it passes all emission tests.

It is down to the MOT testers discretion. OK 'bugger him' you will take it elsewhere to be MOT'd...too late ,he will have entered it into the database as a fail or a 'advisory' . Not saying I agree with that , but that's the way the law stands.

Have a de-cat , but keep the cats just in case you need to put them back in one day.

Are you not better to keep the secondary catalytic convertors and remove the primaries? - They're just there for the sake of cold starts (because they heat up much quicker).

I have had it done a few months ago, but have decided to change it back. Car is louder, but sound is worse. It's not worth doing IMO.

Sorry, accidentally posted twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom