Would outside temp sensor make FSAM go nuts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Looops

Car
CLK230
Hi all.
I'm battling various electronic gremlins. Would a broken (and damaged) ambient temp sensor that's reading 100c make the Front SAM go nuts?

I can't turn the key, brake lights on all the time key in or out. Many bananas things wrong with this thing. :bannana:

Have you tried unplugging the sensor from the loom? The connection should (depending on year) be immediately behind it.

Or it could be the front SAM has gone haywire and is causing the problems, including the incorrect temperature.

The sensor's tip has broken off so I guess it's fubar.

Yep, is FAB.

Remove the connector immediately behind it and see what happens.

Thanks for the tip, disconnected and there's no change.
Today's new thing - There's a 5amp drain on the battery with the key out. I'm starting to think it's the key module.

Hi all.
I'm battling various electronic gremlins. Would a broken (and damaged) ambient temp sensor that's reading 100c make the Front SAM go nuts?

I can't turn the key, brake lights on all the time key in or out. Many bananas things wrong with this thing. :bannana:

If you cant turn the key then this will almost certainly be the issue, do you have a spare key to try? but this does sound like the EIS has failed.
You really need to get it on STAR to get it diagnosed accurately.
If it is the EIS it is expensive and a new one will need to be coded to the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom