Would you retrofit parktronic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanD

Car
CLS55 AMG IWC
Would you? Or are there better 3rd party solutions? Are either of them perfectly neat and worth the effort and what kind of costs are involved in both buying and getting it fitted?

SWMBO has decided she can't live without it .... :wallbash:

Retro-fit MB Parktronic ~ £1800

Aftermarket systems much cheaper, work just as well but not as integrated.

You pays your money....

Retro-fit MB Parktronic ~ £1800

Aftermarket systems much cheaper, work just as well but not as integrated.

You pays your money....

Wowzers! Well *that* ain't gonna happen! I'd prefer a holiday ... :cool:

FWIW, here's my take - I had an aftermarket system fitted to my old S210 when I bought it - it had no lights at all, but it beeped when reverse was engaged and gave ever-increasing beeps the closer you got to something, with a continuous tone when you were 'close enough'. I found that I liked this system a lot. My current S211 has full parktronic front and rear, factory fitted. It may well be me, but I find that I have to remind myself to watch the displays, as the audio only beeps when 'close enough' and gives no clue at all as to how far off an object you are. The roof mounted display is also not so easy to see if you've turned round to reverse rather than looking in the mirror. If you're using the door mirror(s) to reverse, there's no help at all until you're about to hit something! Frankly, I'd prefer the Parktronic to have more helpful audio, but if I had to choose one system, then it would have to be the aftermarket one like I had on my 210.

Would you? Or are there better 3rd party solutions? Are either of them perfectly neat and worth the effort and what kind of costs are involved in both buying and getting it fitted?

SWMBO has decided she can't live without it .... :wallbash:

After market with no display for rear are £299 fitted inc VAT.
Front and Rear with displays £699 inc VAT fitted.

Might be able to arrange some forum discount for you;)

Thanks guys .. I'll throw it out there to consider for next year perhaps! Might be cheaper to combine with a service as I assume there's a good bit of work involved with mucking about with cable routing, etc.!

Parktronic is just one more 'aid' contributing to the dumbing down of the skillset of the average motorist.

Anyone who needs to or relies on radar blips (FFS!) to park their car shouldn't be driving, all IMHO of course.

Parktronic is just one more 'aid' contributing to the dumbing down of the skillset of the average motorist.

Anyone who needs to or relies on radar blips (FFS!) to park their car shouldn't be driving, all IMHO of course.

And you know what .. when I got my current car, which has it, SWMBO said it was silly and pointless. The very one who now objects to not having it! Grrr :devil:

What one has to realise, is that justifying a 5.4 litre AMG as a family car is about give and take! :cool:

... and personally, I like having it. I struggle to trust it, so park normally, but it's useful should something sneek up behind you (bollard & children included!!) and somehow evade your mirrors!! It's a useful 2nd ref ..

^^ totally agree. On my clk the rear display is in the top of the seat so if you turn around you can still see it. Although I'm usually reversing a 60' truck which doesn't have them :rolleyes:

After market with no display for rear are £299 fitted inc VAT.
Front and Rear with displays £699 inc VAT fitted.

Might be able to arrange some forum discount for you;)

Hi Alfie,

how much would it cost to fit the reversing camera, My W204 has full comand system if thats any help to you..

Thanks.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom