wow ...300bhp out of the new Kawasaki Ninja H2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd like a go too! I'm also waiting for the gnashing of teeth from the anti-bike (anti-anything that isn't beige and bare minimum) lobby.

I'd like a go too! I'm also waiting for the gnashing of teeth from the anti-bike (anti-anything that isn't beige and bare minimum) lobby.

Hopefully I'm not one of these people but, when the Honda V5 was sweeping all before it in Moto GP, didn't Rossi try one with the power turned up to 300 hp and declare it unridable.

There was just too much power to get it round corners!

Hopefully I'm not one of these people but, when the Honda V5 was sweeping all before it in Moto GP, didn't Rossi try one with the power turned up to 300 hp and declare it unridable.

There was just too much power to get it round corners!

He may well have done but I don't follow the GP. There's a big difference between road and track though (hang on, my halo is strangling me). Maybe it was tuned for top end delivery rather than a more linear delivery. The former would certainly be 'interesting' to say the least.

The one in spikes link is a track only bike. No headlight , number plate etc.

Road version will be about 220bhp apparently.

Still too much for Sunday riders and city types , expect to see swathes of jam and snot and broken fibreglass around box hill and the embankment :D

You'd need to be an excellent rider to handle it properly.

He may well have done but I don't follow the GP. There's a big difference between road and track though (hang on, my halo is strangling me). Maybe it was tuned for top end delivery rather than a more linear delivery.

To be honest, to get 300bhp from 1000cc I imagine it would be rather peaky!

I'd imagine it might be a bit of an animal, but taming the beast would be the fun part no?

Holy S**t.

I'd be dead in under a minute.. :crazy:

Cheers,

Gaz

As gorgeous as it is I still prefer the original 70's two stroke triple, the sound of one of those fitted with a set of Denco racing expansion chambers will haunt me forever!

I had a 350cc model. Awesome power over the 5,600rpm to 5,800rpm power band:) Really almost unrideable and 23 MPG, less than 50 miles per tank.

Oh what fun!

I'd imagine it might be a bit of an animal, but taming the beast would be the fun part no?

My R1 has 2 thirds the power and weighs twice the amount of the V5 and that scares me at times, I doubt there's any "taming" as such, more holding on for grim death!

Can't believe I only heard about that thing yesterday!

You have to love it, and have to love Kawasaki for having the balls to bring it out!
Styling not exactly my cup of tea, but I can forgive them that.

Awesome!

Being supercharged I Imagine it will have a monster powerband, super torquey

Last edited:
I expect to see a good few on the used market a few months after release, from riders who scared themselves witless. Same happened with the R1 and the first gen Fireblade, both the big game changers of their time.

Now, where do I sign? You can keep the fairing and stick some flat bars on it :D

Being supercharged I Imagine it will have a monster powerband, super torquey[/QUOTE]

The 200bhp road version Yes, but the race one will be a different kettle of fish altogether.

Being supercharged I Imagine it will have a monster powerband, super torquey

115lbs.ft allied to 300hp suggests otherwise.

As peaky as a NA unit - but magnified by the look of it. A centrifugal blower sized for 300hp of air flow is going to take a bit waking up!

The 200bhp road version Yes, but the race one will be a different kettle of fish altogether.

It should be milder but the nature of a centrifugal blower will mitigate against low down torque of the variety associated with positive displacement blowers.

Ex biker here, and thinking back some of the close shaves I've had, the idea of riding a 200bhp bike leaves me quavering !!

Ex biker here, and thinking back some of the close shaves I've had, the idea of riding a 200bhp bike leaves me quavering !!

I'd definitely leave a few skid marks if I rode that.......;):devil::D:devil:

It's only 23 more than a Hayabusa and one more than a BMW S1000RR. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom