X164 Brake wear alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndrewOl

Car
E350 A207
Hi,

My 2006 GL has a problem with the brake wear alarm which keeps going off. Previous owner has cut the harness to the front sensor and shorted the cables back to the vehicle. This has been fine for the year I have had the car but the alarm has come back on. Replaced the rear sensor but no change. When I checked the harness from the front sensor to the cut point one of the cores is open circuit which is why I guess the previous owner cut the harness rather than replace the cheap sensor. The harness on the front is suspect number one I suppose and it looks like it goes into a multi connector with another sensor from the hub (ABS/Speed sensor?).
Does anyone know if the harness from the wear sensor through the wheel arch is replaceble? If I can make the alarm go off I can live without the warning but would rather fix it properly if the cost isn't prohibitive.

Cheers

Andy

it's too cold to fiddle with electrics at the moment, if you can get a consistent "light off" situation, I'd leave it at that.
After-all there's always a helpful audio warning for when the pads are worn-out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom