X5 refuses to roll over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

recycled

MB Enthusiast
HERE

Refuses to roll

Last edited by a moderator:
still prefer an ML .it is a pure class leader

Meant to say GL

Last edited:
Amazing recovery from the driver, would have rolled but for the steering inputs. Must have been on a stunt driving course!

I was told recently to stay away from X5's as they roll over if you sneeze in them.

4x4 drive

Without an intelligent 4wheel drive system supplying power to the front wheel "pulling" the car upright TWICE recovery would have been impossible.Amazing!

Brill! It's Jason(Fuzzer) going to work :D :D :D

Look at that dude run .... :D

He could outsprint Christie ....

Bloody brilliant, that would make me buy one if I had the cash! Never seen one in an off-road setting. The underbody protection (Specially fitted no doubt) looks rather sturdy too- Remove wheels and suspension and you've got a BMW luxury sledge!!

While I accept that he must be a very talented driver , has it not occurred to anyone that the reason it stayed on its feet , could just be down to blind luck ...

999 times out of a 1000 that would be cartwheeling , losing wheels and windows , but perhaps this time the bank he struck was just at the right angle to flip him upright, and then a rock flipped him the other way , etc etc etc ad infinitum ....

The forces involved and the speed at which it all happens is far too fast for anyone to think , ' Oop's i'm on my side better give it loads of opposite lock ' etc etc ad infinitum , let alone react ..... It might be different on the flat track but off road ( really off road in this case ) , it's not smooth and predictable ....

You can't programme into the computer assists all the factors involved either , angle of lean , speed , rocks, banks , people, mud, dust etc .... you can stop it sliding on tarmac but not this ....

Anyway , whatever, he was lucky to keep it going , so top man !

I also assumed it was largely down to luck, didn't look like a normal road car to me so probably not fitted with the usual ESP etc. systems.

Look at that dude run .... :D

He could outsprint Christie ....

so could I if an X5 was hurtling towards me on 2 wheels at ??mph !!! :D
(Emergency pants definitely required for all involved I think.)

The problem with that range rover sport and every X5 is that you will look like you borrowed it off a footballers wife.

It is mainly the X5s and MLs that you see on the school runs with the mothers dropping/picking up the kiddies...

Range Rover Sport. Surely a contradiction in terms? ;)

A sported up 4x4 is like a Ferrari with a tow bar.

Range Rover Sport is a good looking car and I certainly would not turn one day and if I had a choice between a X5, ML and Range Rover Sport than it would be the Range Rover as more exclusive and eye catching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom