Xenon light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterg03

Hi,
I think I upgrade the headlight for xenon for my c class.someone know it's work for the money or not big different between the Osram night breaker and the xenon?
Thx

If you're in the UK, you risk not passing future MoTs if you fit an "HID kit" to your existing headlamp assemblies.

I have just changed my headlights to xenon (HIDs), I bought a second hand pair and it was plug and play, no errors and no coding. I already had headlamp washers so that sorts that out.

The only issue is the self leveling is not installed as I could not source the looms etc, but will watch out for them.

The light difference is amazing and I may put some new bulbs in which will make it even better

personally I have no problem with upgrading to xenons if you actually get OEM xenon headlights and have them manually aligned by a garage, HID's in a halogen headlight is a big no no. saying that I haven't fitted OEM xenons yet just because im worried an MOT guy will fail me by spotting not having auto levelling.

Fitted xenon headlights to a vitara a few years back for a mate, the bulbs fitted perfectly and the beam cut off is crisp and clean. He has never been flashed and it has passed the last 4 mot's at various garages with no issue.
Do it right I can't see the problem. Most idiots can't fit a standard halogen correctly in the seat and blind everyone, And if your half awake behind the wheel 1st drive in the dark you would notice you assed up fitting the bulb.

Also my R1150GS runs with a xenon on dipped beam, again never had an issue.

Fitted xenon headlights to a vitara a few years back for a mate, the bulbs fitted perfectly and the beam cut off is crisp and clean. He has never been flashed and it has passed the last 4 mot's at various garages with no issue.
Do it right I can't see the problem. Most idiots can't fit a standard halogen correctly in the seat and blind everyone, And if your half awake behind the wheel 1st drive in the dark you would notice you assed up fitting the bulb.

Also my R1150GS runs with a xenon on dipped beam, again never had an issue.

Same, fitted correctly they work as they should.

I also have one in GSXR1000 and again no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom