XP, Firefox 4, pages not filling screen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Recently had my pc reformatted & ever since a lot of pages do not fill the screen. They have quite large white borders or the downloaded page site on one side of my screen with a big blank white area & because of this (?) the font size is too small.

I've tried Zoom in (which is crap) but that only seems to work on the page I'm looking at at the time.

Any ideas?

Sounds like different screen resolution since reformat - would fit the symptoms you describe.

Control panel --display---settings. Your original software may have come with a display/graphics card driver-- on reformat that may have been replaced with a generic windows one. Check with manufacturer of the graphics adapter for an updated/more suitable driver.

Not trying to hijack your thread neil but this also is Firefox 4 connected. After updating to FF4 I suspected that some emails I sent on Hotmail, using FF4, were not arriving. To check it out I sent a mail to another adress I have with ntl and it never arrived, despite Hotmail giving the usual 'mail sent' box etc. I googled to see if anyone else had had problems to find a lot of people had been having that and other misshaps. It was recommended to revert to the previous version FF3.6, which I did and all problems solved. Looks like FF4 has still got teething problems.

Mike

Last edited:
Control panel --display---settings. Your original software may have come with a display/graphics card driver-- on reformat that may have been replaced with a generic windows one. Check with manufacturer of the graphics adapter for an updated/more suitable driver.

Thnaks. Tried that but the version I'm using is the best available, apparently.

Not trying to hijack your thread neil but this also is Firefox 4 connected. After updating to FF4 I suspected that some emails I sent on Hotmail, using FF4, were not arriving. To check it out I sent a mail to another adress I have with ntl and it never arrived, despite Hotmail giving the usual 'mail sent' box etc. I googled to see if anyone else had had problems to find a lot of people had been having that and other misshaps. It was recommended to revert to the previous version FF3.6, which I did and all problems solved. Looks like FF4 has still got teething problems.

Mike

I just re-installed FF 3.6 too & the page width thing seems to have gone away.

Thanks!

Now, if I could only get the spell checker working again.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom