You can trust him

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sspeed

MB Enthusiast
Car
2006 CLK320 CDi
If I am doing the wrong thing by doing this then I apologize...
I just thought I would comment on a member on here that is selling MB Key batteries..
I bought 2 packs (4 batteries) and can confirm that the guy is trustworthy and that the batteries are genuine MB ones and unopened..

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/clas...94938-genuine-mercedes-key-fob-batteries.html

Once again, sorry if I am bending the rules..

I just thought I would comment on a member on here that is selling MB Key batteries..

Yawn.

Hardly worth the effort by MB - even at their normal likely markup.

I used Tesco ones last time.

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know who the honest members are.

I once suggested some kind of user 'rep' point system, so other members knew they could buy with confidence. But I guess word of mouth is almost as effective.

I thought they recharged when plugged into the ignition switch. So I've learnt something.

Great guy, paid yesterday, received this morning :) I would rather buy from someone on here than ebay.

Whether it actually makes sense to buy MB-branded fob batteries or not is a separate discussion - what is reassuring here is that sspeed and dog68 both had a positive experience buying from another forum member. :thumb:

they are all VARTA batts anyway, but ok price.

I thought they recharged when plugged into the ignition switch. So I've learnt something.

Not only do they not recharge, they are not used when starting the car. The car can be started without batteries in the key.

not totally correct in the case of keyless go!

true abt not recharging tho

Not only do they not recharge, they are not used when starting the car. The car can be started without batteries in the key.

How, there is not metal connector on the key.

The BMW ones do, its a great pity the Mercedes ones do not.

induction coil ;) I think the bmw ones still charge.

not totally correct in the case of keyless go!

true abt not recharging tho

Cant the car still be started with the key without batteries with keyless go?

Can I ask how you know this?

:devil:

because ill assume he's been sat at the side of the road waiting on mobilo like my dad did in his w202 with the same two lights below the interior mirror nightmare of an alarm system ;)

^ Sat at the side of the road with an uber-reliable 124? Ssurely not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom