Young Ringway's result. Many thanks for participating in the surveys.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Many thanks indeed to all who participated in the surveys which were part of my sons university work.

I'm very proud to present this video. LINK.

Les seems to excel no matter what design task is given to him and has won one or more awards in each year at university. He will soon finish his education, so all he has to do now is find a job!

Here is a blog showing how Les designed and made his prototype. LINK.

Thanks once again, everyone.

Paul.

Last edited:
Looks great I bet he will go far , great product update for next generation

What a brilliant product. Is this something that will likely be mass produced and released?

I remember doing the survey and thinking steering locks are great, but such a burden getting them in and out/storing. This looks spot on, I'd be very interested in buying this.

One of those 'shutup and take my money!!' moments there! :) :thumb:

That's outstanding, you must be so proud of Les.

If he isn't snapped up by a major motor manufacturer or automotive design company there's something very wrong.

Glad I completed the survey - what a brilliant outcome with a mix of traditional security and modern technology. Spot on. I want one!

What a brilliant product. Is this something that will likely be mass produced and released?

I remember doing the survey and thinking steering locks are great, but such a burden getting them in and out/storing. This looks spot on, I'd be very interested in buying this.

One of those 'shutup and take my money!!' moments there! :) :thumb:

Thanks, Ash.

I should think production of the product is unlikely unless it is spotted by a company or individual prepared to invest and move the development further, which would be nice. :thumb:

That's outstanding, you must be so proud of Les.

If he isn't snapped up by a major motor manufacturer or automotive design company there's something very wrong.

Thank you. Yes, I'm very proud of Les.

It's quite a competitive world and there are many students for employers to choose from and we hope that Les will find a decent job.
The students are asked to design all sorts of things from pot scrubbers, office chairs, devices to scare herons from ponds, all sorts!
Les enjoys the challenge and thankfully enjoys his work and is a determined character.
A self-imposed ban on booze and the distraction of girls (until a month or so ago) has enabled him to get excellent results.
He spends what spare time he has with his cars!

A self-imposed ban on booze and the distraction of girls

How's he managed that?!? :eek:

Good on him. :thumb:

wtf isnt this technology just integrated into the steering wheel originally? spokes often are at 180 to one another, making a perfect 'slot' or tube to fit a bar into....

wtf isnt this technology just integrated into the steering wheel originally? spokes often are at 180 to one another, making a perfect 'slot' or tube to fit a bar into....

The airbag...though it wouldn't take too much thought to get round that...get on to it young Les.

If that takes off like it should I have a feeling he's going to be self employed all his life. He might only need to come up with something like that once every ten years or so...:):)

If that takes off like it should I have a feeling he's going to be self employed all his life. He might only need to come up with something like that once every ten years or so...:):)

I've told him that his next idea must be to design something that will tidy up my garage/workshop after he's been working on a project in there!

Better watch out he might commandeer the garden and design himself a garage.

It gives me hope for the future of the country when I see young people with such ingenuity and drive. Unquestionably, he deserves every accolade he receives. Having filled in the questionnaires, I was hoping the result would be something for extra security and that is the best after-market security device I have seen by a goodly margin. ……...please put me down for one definite purchase (red) and one possible (colour to be confirmed).

If he needs some guinea pigs for testing, count me in.

Last edited:
What a refreshing post and outcome amongst all the other depressing stuff. Really pleased to have completed the survey and many congratulations- the boy done great as Harry Rednapp would say!

What a refreshing post and outcome amongst all the other depressing stuff. Really pleased to have completed the survey and many congratulations- the boy done great as Harry Rednapp would say!

Thanks for the kind words, Mike. :thumb:

It gives me hope for the future of the country when I see young people with such ingenuity and drive. Unquestionably, he deserves every accolade he receives. Having filled in the questionnaires, I was hoping the result would be something for extra security and that is the best after-market security device I have seen by a goodly margin. ……...please put me down for one definite purchase (red) and one possible (colour to be confirmed).

Thanks, Kevin. If the lock ever reaches the production stage, you'll be second on the list behind Ash. :thumb:

If he needs some guinea pigs for testing, count me in.

That's very kind of you. The next project is a diving suit for sewage searches. I'll let Les know. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom