Youth of today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BEJ

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 VW Passat GT estate. SLK- now gone 2010 Hyundai I 10.
Just had my faith in the youth of today restored.
Saturday evening about 1930 a knock on my front door. I opened the door to be faced with a youth of about 19 in a hoodie. As I am an OAP, you can imagine the thoughts that ran through my head.
" Are you the owner of the red car parked outside?"
"I'm very sorry, but I have just hit your car."
Full details exchanged and a handshake.

Faith restored.

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

No doubt good parentage - it makes all the difference.

Mainly the fact that his was an old car and that he had valid insurance cover. Plus he was very polite and pronounced all of the syllables in the words. No "innit".etc.

Objection M'Lud. Argumentative.

Why's it argumentative?

To have lost "faith in the youth of today" is a pretty serious thing to have happened & a pretty sweeping statement.

I'm curious as to what caused the loss.

It is called stereotyping.
We shouldn't do it, but we still do.
We hate it when people do it to us.
Some of us are pleasantly surprised when we are proved wrong.

Guilty as charged M'lud.

General interaction with anyone between the ages of 11 and 21 (35)

The generation above you said the same thing about you & your generation. Anyone between the ages of 11 and 21 today will say the same thing about the generation that follows them.

Older people have been saying the same thing about younger people since we lived in trees. It's all BS. People have been pretty much the same since the word go.

The generation above you said the same thing about you & your generation. Anyone between the ages of 11 and 21 today will say the same thing about the generation that follows them.

Older people have been saying the same thing about younger people since we lived in trees. It's all BS. People have been pretty much the same since the word go.

Spot on apart from today there does not seem to be any comeback

Back in the day the only thing that stopped me getting up to more mischief was the fear of being caught and the consequences that went with it but nowadays ....

Do you see what you're saying there?

And so it goes on, generation after generation.

Forever.

Unfortunately each generation moves the standards along a bit, up and down; that's evolution for you.

Won't be too long before someone gets "nostalgic" puts on flat cap and Yarksheer accent and says "Aye lad t' remember t'when t'his forum was a far nicer place"

Won't be too long before someone gets "nostalgic" puts on flat cap and Yarksheer accent and says "Aye lad t' remember t'when t'his forum was a far nicer place"

Never knew that Dieselman was a Yorkie. :D

How bad was the damage. Did you offer to let him pay for the repairs without informing the insurers to prevent doubling his insurance which must already be astronomical considering he is only 19?

After reading this thread I have realised one thing, even if I where put on a hoodie and some well gangsta trackies I would still look far too old to be considered a yoooof enit! O well, those where the days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom