£1,100.00, service A

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

v8sam

Car
W218 CLS63 S AMG
I have a 2009 C63 AMG estate with just under 20000 on the clock it is due a 3rd year A service.
The price quoted by MB £1,100.00 I have posted a picture of the additional work needed.
Do you think it's a fair price or should I look elsewhere taking in consideration i would like to keep my 1 tier warranty intact?

001-2.jpg

I have a 2009 C63 AMG estate with just under 20000 on the clock it is due a 3rd year A service.
The price quoted by MB £1,100.00 I have posted a picture of the additional work needed.
Do you think it's a fair price or should I look elsewhere taking in consideration i would like to keep my 1 tier warranty intact?

001-2.jpg

Even for a c63amg that seems steep,the atf service is due at 31k so i'd wait until then & have a good independant do it,how much would the bill be minus the atf service?

31k or 3 years. It's 3 years old.

Phone around a few more dealers, ideally outside of the dealer group (look on their website to find out which group they belong to).

Oh, and ask for a discount. You may be surprised by the result.

Whereabouts are you?

31k or 3 years. It's 3 years old.

^Noticed that crockers,as the op currently averages about 7k miles a year i would wait until the cars covered close to the 31k(about another year),servicing says annually or 15,500 miles on my cls but the dealer told me to wait until assyst shows 500miles until next service when i took it for servicing when a year had elapsed but assyst showed 7k miles until service b!

Where are you. Tony Purslowe of Guilford seem to do good deals. As Bobby said have a punt around.

My guess is the quote is from a dealership with MB London, MB Birmingham, and MB Manchester. They're always the most expensive!!

001-2.jpg

Looking at the estimate again theres 4 hours labour so by supplying your own oil/atf/filter(s)that should save you a bit?

sounds about right, i would phone a few diff dealers up and supply your own oil anfd i think you should get it to the £800 mark

Where are you. Tony Purslowe of Guilford seem to do good deals. As Bobby said have a punt around.
I have been recommended MB of wakefield just seems to far to justify the cost. I will ge a quote from Guildford

My guess is the quote is from a dealership with MB London, MB Birmingham, and MB Manchester. They're always the most expensive!!

London Brentford branch it is near where I work.

Try MB Chesterfield they will be cheaper than a london dealer.... and a bit closer than Wakefield...

I have been recommended MB of wakefield just seems to far to justify the cost. I will ge a quote from Guildford

London Brentford branch it is near where I work.

As others have said Tony Purslow's are very good. It's also worth trying Mercedes Heathrow, although they're part of Mercedes London, they're purely a Mercedes service only facility (i.e. no car sales on site) - they usually have decent offers on and in the past I have found that they are happy to negotiate a little.

Try MB Chesterfield they will be cheaper than a london dealer.... and a bit closer than Wakefield...

^ What he would save(if anything)he would loose in fuel/time(London-Chesterfield & back in a c63 would be £70 in fuel alone).

I thought the LSD oil was only changed once at around 2000 miles and that was it.

Also if the brake fluid is changed every two years, why are you having it changed at 3 years?

I would call around for a few quotes, but it will be quite expensive - the air filters are not cheap and there are two of them.

S

^Noticed that crockers,as the op currently averages about 7k miles a year i would wait until the cars covered close to the 31k(about another year),servicing says annually or 15,500 miles on my cls but the dealer told me to wait until assyst shows 500miles until next service when i took it for servicing when a year had elapsed but assyst showed 7k miles until service b!

If you dont get any additional work done that their system says is required with the service they wont stamp the service book.

I thought the LSD oil was only changed once at around 2000 miles and that was it.

Also if the brake fluid is changed every two years, why are you having it changed at 3 years?

I would call around for a few quotes, but it will be quite expensive - the air filters are not cheap and there are two of them.

S

The brake fluid was changed last year which i pointed out to the service manager hence the x in the box.

If you dont get any additional work done that their system says is required with the service they wont stamp the service book.

^ I know(they wouldn't want you to take your car elswhere & get it done cheaper would they?),they are happy to move the goal posts when it's in their favour though(presented my car for servicing after a year as per the service book only to be told "assyst shows 7k miles until next service sir & the rules on service care plans are very strict-please bring it back when assyst shows 500 miles until next service"!

Simon_M said:

S

Lsd oil is changed at regular intervals - check your manual.

S

^ The brake fluid change has an x(not required) against it on the estimate as opposed to a tick Simon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom