£1,100.00, service A

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hi some garages test the brake fluid and only change it if required,and if your car has s,b,c the less you mess with the system the better,i,e change the fluid at the same time as brake maintenace[pads] as s,b,c has a life cycle and is £888+vat not including fitting.....

It wouldn't, block exemption et al.
Fair enough, I am quite happy to us a MB dealer with the advice of sourcing the parts myself and negotiating a deal :)

v8sam said:
I have a 2009 C63 AMG estate with just under 20000 on the clock it is due a 3rd year A service.
The price quoted by MB £1,100.00 I have posted a picture of the additional work needed.
Do you think it's a fair price or should I look elsewhere taking in consideration i would like to keep my 1 tier warranty intact?

I feel this is a bit on the expensive side. At 3 years old some discounts on parts and labour are applied to retain your custom, wonder if they are applying these. Just as an FYI my 3 year A service last year cast approx 550 at Brooklands.

what prices have people seen for the services

for me

1st service approx £240
2nd service approx £370

is this the third service potentially

- i have stated approx figures as i supplied the oil

£1100 does seem expensive..

Try one of the Inchcape dealers - I think Oxford is the most Southerly. Inchcape Mercedes-Benz UK - New and Approved Used Mercedes Dealers

Ok, it's not an AMG, but I just had B Service, Brake fluid, ATF and flex disk check for £430 inc VAT at MB Chester and I think they'd have gone lower if I'd pushed even more. I would have thought the list of work shown could be done for around £600 - whether you can get a dealer to agree that is another matter!

what prices have people seen for the services

for me

1st service approx £240
2nd service approx £370

is this the third service potentially

- i have stated approx figures as i supplied the oil

£1100 does seem expensive..

Afaik the 3rd service will only have the atf/filter over & above normal service items so £370- £1000+ is worrying.

"I have a 2009 C63 AMG estate with just under 20000 on the clock it is due a 3rd year A service.
The price quoted by MB £1,100.00 I have posted a picture of the additional work needed.
Do you think it's a fair price or should I look elsewhere taking in consideration i would like to keep my 1 tier warranty intact? "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 58 C63 AMG with 20500 miles on the clock and I live 5 miles from Wakefield MB.

Last month I called in and got a quote for a 3rd year service A which is due in June.

I was quoted £699.77 if I use their oil. £575.77 if I supply the oil.

£120 difference. I purchased 20L of Shell Helix Ultra for £120. So I will supply my own oil for the next couple of years.

I would point out that mine doesn't have the performance pack.

£1,100 does seem very steep.

Good luck.

Not for London prices.

This is a £60k performance car. It will come with commensurate running costs.

It's worth spending a tank full of fuel to travel to a cheaper MB dealership.

I agree its a 60K car so servicing will be in relation to this.

However what could you get an indy to do or provide your own oil / filters etc??

basically what is the minimum the main dealer has to do to get the stamp...

£1,100 is still ridiculous for the jobs they're quoting to do, he can get it cheaper elsewhere, and have fun driving there too!

The transmission oil on my E63 was changed last August by MB in Romford. that part of the service was 241.46 if I'm deciphering the invoice properly. The labour had a 15% discount against it.

The whole service including normal service, transmission oil change, spark plugs, was 799

The transmission oil on my E63 was changed last August by MB in Romford. that part of the service was 241.46 if I'm deciphering the invoice properly. The labour had a 15% discount against it.

The whole service including normal service, transmission oil change, spark plugs, was 799

^ Thats reasonable for a v8 Amg-the plugs atf service would be £600 alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom