£10 in a National Savings Investment Account

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
in May 1987.

Recently found an old passbook with a balance of £10 as at 23 May 1987.

Sent it in last week to close and get money back.

Guess how much I got back?

Closest guess gets a Gold Star ..

Competition closes 9pm Thursday 26 Jan 12.

c. £25

£150

Interesting as I just found a pair of these, untouched and interest not calculated! One is an ordinary account and one is investment, IIRC something like a couple of hundred in them combined.

I've not seen them in years, opened in the early 80s for me by my folks and not used since getting a bank account in the mid 90s. What's the process for recovery?

Because this is a motoring forum and that monetary figures on their own are meaningless unless related to the inflation/ purchasing/taxation environment it might be useful to express your newly discovered wealth in " litres of petrol" Using these figures Petrol Prices your initial investment was worth 10x100/37.8= 26.46 litres of petrol How many litres petrol will your "windfall" buy now?;)

Interesting as I just found a pair of these, untouched and interest not calculated! One is an ordinary account and one is investment, IIRC something like a couple of hundred in them combined.

I've not seen them in years, opened in the early 80s for me by my folks and not used since getting a bank account in the mid 90s. What's the process for recovery?

phone them, and they send you a form.

NS&I - Contact us

Because this is a motoring forum and that monetary figures on their own are meaningless unless related to the inflation/ purchasing/taxation environment it might be useful to express your newly discovered wealth in " litres of petrol" Using these figures Petrol Prices your initial investment was worth 10x100/37.8= 26.46 litres of petrol How many litres petrol will your "windfall" buy now?;)

you could certainly use this for your entry.

exact amount will be revealed tonight :)

They sent you the book back with an IOU note?

£31-58 which equates at today's prices as 315.8/131.6= 2.34 litres of petrol
about a 1/10 of its purchasing power when you invested it.

They sent you the book back with an IOU note?

they transferred it directly into my bank account, as requested :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom