£100k off screen price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian_Mac

When I bought my current car in Dec 2012 I noticed a few other vehicles the dealer had in stock at the time. As I still receive the weekly stock list emails this one particular vehicle has always caught my eye.

Today the email comes through and they've knocked £100,000 off the screen price!! :eek: Surely someone's feeling the heat over that one.

Bloody hell, what a car!

A bargain too if you've got the cheddar!

Bloody hell, what a car!

A bargain too if you've got the cheddar!

I doubt that it will prove to be much of a bargain.

If you keep it for 2 years and put 5k miles a year on it you can probably knock another £100k of its value.

Hi Ian

Have you done any of their driving days at Milbrook? Just wondered if they were any good?

Cheers

Steve

You've lost me there Steve, didn't know anything about driving days at Milbrook.

Scott_F said:
I doubt that it will prove to be much of a bargain. If you keep it for 2 years and put 5k miles a year on it you can probably knock another £100k of its value.

It's a race car only, "not road legal" in the text.

Not really sure anyone would stump up that kind of cash for, essentially, a track day car, would they?

You've lost me there Steve, didn't know anything about driving days at Milbrook.

Sorry, I had the impression they had done them before. It's a few hours of driving and instruction on alpine road and handling circuit. Must be a new thing then and for maybe for attracting new customers to the brand rather than existing ones as there is probably not much value in it if you already own one. :)

cheers, Steve

stevehg said:
Sorry, I had the impression they had done them before. It's a few hours of driving and instruction on alpine road and handling circuit. Must be a new thing then and for maybe for attracting new customers to the brand rather than existing ones as there is probably not much value in it if you already own one. :) cheers, Steve

I bought a Discovery from them so they gave me a voucher for a Land Rover Experience day which was good. If I'd had the choice Milbrook would have been my pick.

I bought a Discovery from them so they gave me a voucher for a Land Rover Experience day which was good. If I'd had the choice Milbrook would have been my pick.

Sorry misunderstanding, with car in this thread and your username, I thought you had a mclaren.

I found the Land Rover experience days are good day out especially, if you haven't been off road before. Did you go to Wessington or Eastnor?

Cheers

Steve

stevehg said:
Sorry misunderstanding, with car in this thread and your username, I thought you had a mclaren. I found the Land Rover experience days are good day out especially, if you haven't been off road before. Did you go to Wessington or Eastnor? Cheers Steve

On this occasion I went to the North Yorkshire centre near Harrogate but have also been to the one down near Exeter as well. I'd say North Yorkshire was a little better in all areas but I still really enjoyed both and would go back to either given the chance.

paulshep69 said:
Not really sure anyone would stump up that kind of cash for, essentially, a track day car, would they?
Thats a joke, right?
This is a gt3 car.
I think you're statement is correct for the likes of a caparo for example. £300k track car you can't race. You could race this for 5 years with updates.

This is strange. It's a new car being sold by a dealer... I wonder where they sourced it as normally new race cars are only available from the factory.

Meanwhile a new old McLaren is born again in New Zealand.

The intro is a bit corny but gives the background. Will be racing end Jan 2015 at Hampton downs....

McLaren M8A Test Day at Hampton Downs - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom