£11,000 for speeding

£11k for Speeding

• Serves him right, he shouldn't have been going so fast.

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Terrible over reaction to enjoying the roads.

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good.

I don't see why the taxpayer should stump up for his follies.

Deserved, cant stand people who think they can get away with clearly breaking the law by a big margin just because they are wealthy. I thought over 100 was a ban, the fine wont bother him, a ban might......

Seems disproportionate to the crime to be honest. 101mph isn't crazy fast...

Also, everyone always seems to get caught at 101... :dk:

If you question the accuracy, pay the cost of so doing.

Many people speed, even I have, shockingly, been done at over 100mph (one and only time many years ago). Take your punishment and move on.

He deserved the extra cost, not because of his speed, but because he went not guilty when the evidence showed he was anything but. His foolish approach meant that extra costs had to be incurred to prove his lie was a lie and it is only right he and not us, pays for it. Had he behaved like a grown up, his costs would have been minimal for a guilty plea and not much more for a reasonable not guilty plea.

Had he not been given the extra costs, his punishment would have been 6 points and £675 fine and the tax payer effectively fined £10,000 for his decision.

He brought it on himself, the arrogant twit.

Last edited:
Not £11.000 for speeding.
£675 for speeding and £10,384 for being a total d!ckhead.

You have got the wrong end of this. He was only fined £675 for speeding.

He contested the case and lost, hence he also got to pay the prosecution costs of £10,384.

Flintshire Magistrates' Court heard a police speed camera caught him and he asked officers: "Can we call it 98?"

He denied breaking the 70mph speed limit

Eh? Sounds like a well planned defence ...

Not £11.000 for speeding.
£675 for speeding and £10,384 for being a total d!ckhead.

exactly right, I doubt he'll learn as there are those of this world who seem to think the rules don't apply to them.

Ah, my mistake then I didn't read it.

£675 sounds reasonable (irrespective of how significant or insignificant it is to him).

If it were me caught at that speed, I'd hold my hands up, take the fine on the chin and be grateful I've still got my licence.

You have got the wrong end of this. He was only fined £675 for speeding.

He contested the case and lost, hence he also got to pay the prosecution costs of £10,384.

This.

The thread title is a bit daily mail...;)

I don't care for the bbc journalists report. Of what relevance is his second home??? They wouldn't report it if I had a speeding ticket in my Golf diesel, so why in this case?:fail

Last edited:
I don't care for the bbc journalists report. Of what relevance is his second home??? They wouldn't report it if I had a speeding ticket in my Golf diesel, so why in this case?:fail

Sounds like it was him that raised it, even bigging up where it was
He denied breaking the 70mph speed limit and said that a number of people from Cheshire had second homes in Abersoch, which he called a millionaire's paradise.

Don't think *** was fined that much, though he did get a ban for a year or so.

*** was doing Warp 9 in a 220 cdi ( she couldn't handle anymare Captain !!!

Sounds like it was him that raised it, even bigging up where it was

"Pickup, from Wilmslow, Cheshire, who has a holiday home in Abersoch, Gwynedd, was convicted of speeding.

He denied breaking the 70mph speed limit and said that a number of people from Cheshire had second homes in Abersoch, which he called a millionaire's paradise."

Who knows. But the report does make him sound like a pillock.

The reporting is really bad. The second paragraph doesn't make any sense. It's almost like he is saying he was forced or obliged to speed because he has a second home in Abersoch???

The second home fact is totally irrelevant imo. Or is he suggesting that because he has 2 homes he should be let off? :dk:

Do you really need an Expert and an airfield to prove an R8 will exceed 100MPH?

Tony.

Hmmm... The expert got a good deal out of it, a day out in a R8 in a private air field...

A good lawyer might of been a good start, but in all seriousness - why should he get away with something that the normal everyday folk wouldn't.

*** was doing Warp 9 in a 220 cdi ( she couldn't handle anymare Captain !!!

Very funny!
What`s happened to Steve as he doesn`t appear on either MB Forums anymore?

Regards
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom