£11,000 for speeding

£11k for Speeding

• Serves him right, he shouldn't have been going so fast.

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Terrible over reaction to enjoying the roads.

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you really need an Expert and an airfield to prove an R8 will exceed 100MPH?

Tony.

Without wishing to state the obvious, I'd imagine it was due to the road layout. IE, he argued that at the point on the road he got snapped he couldn't have been doing 100mph because of the bend/brow/junction/lights/cattle grid etc.

Yup he was banned here a couple of years back IIRC.

£675 for speeding and £10,384 for being a total d!ckhead.
While the guy sounds like I bit of a d!ckhead, it baffles me why anyone would think that £10k is a reasonable cost for "an expert" to carry out the necessary tests to prove the case?

Sounds more like a big jolly boys outing for the "expert" and his/her mates...

While the guy sounds like I bit of a d!ckhead, it baffles me why anyone would think that £10k is a reasonable cost for "an expert" to carry out the necessary tests to prove the case?

How much does it cost to hire an airfield?:dk:

Solicitors involved? Enough said...

The wording of the poll strongly suggests he was fined £11,000 for speeding which, as we know, was not the case.

Might the options be changed to more accurately reflect what actually happened?

The wording of the poll strongly suggests he was fined £11,000 for speeding which, as we know, was not the case.

Might the options be changed to more accurately reflect what actually happened?

Perhaps something like;
Arrogant Audi driver gets egg on face to the sum of £11,000,for trying to get off a speeding fine.

1) Deserved it.:thumb:

2) Bit harsh.:fail

Having shelled out tens of thousands of pounds on a butch Audi TT, I doubt £11k will seem like too much of a waste.

Relatively speaking.

Do you really need an Expert and an airfield to prove an R8 will exceed 100MPH?

Tony.

Yes.
Firstly, to legally be able to drive at that speed i.e. drive a vehicle for testing purposes (all sorts of problems closing a public road to do this nowadays).
Secondly to show that the equipment used to capture the offence was accurate at measuring the speed recorded at that 'high' speed. There is no point, legally speaking proving it is accurate up to the legal maximum speed and the saying the equipment would there for be accurate at higher speeds.
Thirdly, despite being qualified to use the equipment and even explain its workings, the word of the witnessing officer or even a separate officer is unacceptable to a defence lawyer. Thus, an independent expert is needed to examine the findings these days.

No, the class one, a-grade, gold star pr1ck of a driver opened a can of worms there…or maybe he had a lawyer who should be wear these accolades, if he had one.

Edit: I use these accolades, not because of the speed, but because of the pitiful and pointless defence he put forward when he was 'ONLY' in line for and got 6 points; it's not as if he was fighting for his licence and livelihood.

Last edited:
How much does it cost to hire an airfield?:dk:
Considerably less than £10k.

As a general principle, things tend to cost more when someone else is footing the bill. Where the CPS are involved - especially on a slam dunk case - I suspect that cost control is far from their minds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom