£146 to protect NCB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickW205C63

Car
W205 C63 Saloon
Since when has it been so expensive to protect one's NCB?! This is with Aviva who are pretty much the best option for me. I've ways protected them, but for that price it's made me think twice.

Max NCB, no points or convictions or claims, 15k miles per annum and I'm looking at £1315 ish .... thanks Nottingham Postcode.

Not all protected ncd terms are the same.
See what Aviva's are first

It might be worth it, might not - what your premium?
They may also just up the base premium anyway if you have a fault or a hit and run on you (and they cannot recover)

I DO protect ours, but thats knowing that its per driver on our multi car policy (not just across the lot) and that I can have more than one before step back etc etc

The base premium is £1200 with Aviva.

They protect you from 1 at fault claim each year.

2 or more claims in one year wipes your NCB.

I've never protected mine, I always found the difference between no claims and starting from scratch didn't justify the extra, but then everyone's quote will be different.

I've never protected mine, I always found the difference between no claims and starting from scratch didn't justify the extra, but then everyone's quote will be different.
I've always protected without thinking about it and claimed once in 21 years of driving (touch wood).

It's just this time around the cost to protect stood out like a sore thumb.

The base premium is £1200 with Aviva.

They protect you from 1 at fault claim each year.

2 or more claims in one year wipes your NCB.
I think I would be going without the NCB no claims protection in that case.

I think I would be going without the NCB no claims protection in that case.
I find with insurance its where do you draw the line? I never go with the cheapest quote, I always choose a bigger name insurer etc then you tick the boxes and add more cover...

Money, money, money...

Until the day you actually use it

My broker says it protects the discount but not the policy increasing if you have a claim.

For example…

55% discount on a £1000 policy (pre claim)
55% discount on a £1200 policy (after claim)

Each claim after the first reduces the discount, I can’t remember the exact figures.

My broker says it protects the discount but not the policy increasing if you have a claim.

For example…

55% discount on a £1000 policy (pre claim)
55% discount on a £1200 policy (after claim)

Each claim after the first reduces the discount, I can’t remember the exact figures.
That's how I understand it.

I'll speak to Chris knott tomorrow to get a quote.

I'm not going to get sub 1k, some insurers won't touch me or charge 2k plus.

Post code
Post code
Post code

Reactions: MeQ
For some reason the price with Aviva dropped today (via the meerkat) and I've now insured the incoming beast.

Ncb protection on this policy was listed as £53, go figure 🤷‍♂️

Got all the cover I wanted for £1099, yet direct with aviva was over £1400 ... I'll never understand car insurance.

Nice little saving over what I was expecting.

^ Still a shocking rip off, but a nice saving none the less.
Totally given my history etc but when I quoted on W204's years ago, it was £1100 or so, so it's probably about right for my postcode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom