£150 off Laser Treatment at Optical express!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
As previously posted, Suzy Cute had this done about 2 months ago and has not looked back since! <weak pun :p> She loves to death the freedom it gives and would thoroughly recommend it! Especially liked being able to jump in the pool without worries when we were on holiday :rock:

She has just got a voucher through giving a discount of £150 which is valid until 24th December 2009. (She of course gets a kickback as well)

So if anybody would like to take advantage of £150 off just PM me and I'll get a voucher to you

She has just got a voucher through giving a discount of £150 which is valid until 24th December 2009. (She of course gets a kickback as well)

One of the complaints about cosmetic surgery has been the way that it is marketed.

I can't say that I'm comfortable with this sort of marketing approach for laser eye surgery. It tends to demonstrate that the money and marketing have taken over the actual medical considerations more than is healthy (sic) - IMO.

One of the accusations in the US has been that the commissions paid down the chain mean that some customers get hustled by professionals who can rather too easily be accused of being more interested in their income from the procedures rather than the ultimate welfare of their patients.

One of the complaints about cosmetic surgery has been the way that it is marketed.

I can't say that I'm comfortable with this sort of marketing approach for laser eye surgery. It tends to demonstrate that the money and marketing have taken over the actual medical considerations more than is healthy (sic) - IMO.

One of the accusations in the US has been that the commissions paid down the chain mean that some customers get hustled by professionals who can rather too easily be accused of being more interested in their income from the procedures rather than the ultimate welfare of their patients.

Agree...

Years ago at a whisky tasting I met a couple of Consultants from a famous London Eye Hospital. I asked them about Laser and also about contact lens. Both said neither would near either, and that none of their colleagues would either. As I said this was twenty odd years ago so things may have changed.

Respect your opinion. But I am willing to bet that the number of patients who have benefited from this procedure outweigh others by a huge amount.

And no, I do not think for one moment you are referring to me as one of the said "professionals" and have not taken offence. I just feel strongly that not everything in this world is black and self serving. Just a very, very small element!

Been looking into this given that I am getting to the stage where eye inflexibility becomes an issue - being slightly short sighted, hence a spectacle wearer. Took advice from my optician and found I had the following three options:

1. Stay with specs and take them off to read - shortly to be followed by needing varifocals or separate reading glasses once my eyes deteriorate further
2. Wear contacts for distance correction, and 'correct' the lenses back to zero for close work with reading specs
3. Have my eyes fried to correct distance, and then use reading glasses as in option 2

for my prescription the prognosis for laser was poor - my eyesight isn't bad enough, so the generally acceptable variation in outcome is a large percentage of my prescription. Add into that the risk of side effects - most people are fine, but some are not, and I would rather be without the risk of side effects such as starry vision in low light - and the best solution for me is to try contacts and readers, whereupon I have the option of reverting to my distance specs if I want to.

Lenses have come on massively in recent years - much more comfortable than I remember, they can correct astigmatism, and there are even new varifocal lenses about to hit the market (they have a different prescription around the perimeter of the lens, apparently, so you look down for close work much as you would for varifocal specs, but straight ahead is still adjusted for distance). The standard lenses appear to be much lighter, having higher water content and gas permeability than I recall (it's about 20 years since I last had lenses).

Progressive and multi-focal contact lenses have been out for a while - I use daily disposable Ciba Vision Focus Progressive ones and find them very good.

They vary from about £31 per month for disposable dailies, bought online.

There are several types, each with some compromises but the high street opticians can advise.

Gollom - no offense was meant

One word of caution to anyone contemplating this procedure - DON'T have both eyes done at the same time...

If they mess up on one - you will still have the other -- if they mess up on both at the same time .....nuff said..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom