£20 powder coating offer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CE230

Car
230CE
Came across this place in Birmingham but have not used them. May be worth a punt at that price.

£12 for a chemical strip and blast.

Very, very cheap.

Sounds good - but i still don't wish i lived in Birmingham ;)

i saw these guys on web too,

was considering using them to get my SL wheels done but after the asking on here, it would be better to get wet spray

so may get the c class done from there and get the sl wheelys stripped and wet prayed local in cov.

hey rajinder i have some sl amg type 4 wheels that need refurb where are you having your sl wheels done mate?:thumb:

Have been reading about them on some other forums and they seem to have some very good feedback.
Also only charge an extra £10 to remove and refit/balance your tyres

looks very good from the feed back from the other fourums, the next time I am in b/ham I will look them up does any one know how long they take ?

done the correct thing I phoned them up !! its about a week depending on work load . i just now have to find a couple of spare rear wheels so I can ship the set of 18s off

hey rajinder i have some sl amg type 4 wheels that need refurb where are you having your sl wheels done mate?:thumb:

~Hi im not 100% sure yet as to where im going to get them done.

i know a few places and have a first choice but it all depends on price time and quality of the finish.

as mentioned im going to get them wet sprayed oppossed to powder coat.

are you in Coventry?

Raj

Laptab made a right mess of some BMW M sport Alloys we sent them, never used them since. Now use Metal Magic In Barnsley.17" £164 a full set fully refurbed, tyres demounted and remounted and wheels balanced. Service has been brilliant so far they will be getting SWMBO Explorer wheels when we get some better weather normal turnaround has been 3 days.

Ian - do you have a number for Metal Magic at all?

Regards

David

I posted the link to Citypowdercoaters on another forum and a couple of members took alloys to them for refurbishment and have been very happy with the work. If you look at the reviews section on their site there are link to forums where members have used their services.

http://www.citypowdercoaters.co.uk/

Ian - do you have a number for Metal Magic at all?

Regards

David

0844 474 4358 / 01226 298544

Last edited:
Hi Rajinder, I am in London, so dont mind travelling, but dont really want to leave my SL with them, and dont have any slave wheels to drive around in while its being done!?! so not sure how to proceed .... but was really hoping to have the wheels done for the summer!!

Hi Rajinder, I am in London, so dont mind travelling, but dont really want to leave my SL with them, and dont have any slave wheels to drive around in while its being done!?! so not sure how to proceed .... but was really hoping to have the wheels done for the summer!!

Put the SL on axle stands, courier the wheels to/from them for refurbishing?

Or use a mobile refurber if you need the car 24/7.

Other option would be to buy a spare set of used wheels from eBay, refurb yours and then move the old wheels on again - shouldn't cost you much extra :)

Will

Does powder coated mean they are finished back to OEM look or is it a different appearance? Want to get my C55 rims done as there is mild bubbling on a couple of spokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom