£24. Really?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I never use real HP cartridges as they are more expensive than white truffle shavings.

Aftermarket give reasonable quality, certainly enough for home printing and are like 100th the price.

Yeah. We recently changed our ink.

HP-£270
Aftermarket-£65

A cocaine habit would be cheaper than having to print off a load of pages.

The paper isn't so cheap any more either.

Our nearest Staples shop has become Office Outlet who want £5 for a ream of A4. I don't need quility as never send letters but need to print stuff out for my own benefit.

I can remember 3 for a £5, even the stationary guy in the village is cheaper than that.

Edited to remove derogatory comments about the village guy.

If you buy an HP printer now, you can enrolling with the Instant Ink scheme, which allows you to print a certain amount of pages per month for a pre agreed price. I you print less than 15 pages per month - like I do this, service is free and HP send you replacement genuine new cartridges for free. If you go over your allowance it costs £1 for every 10 pages you print.
This works fantastically for me, and they send me my new cartridges automatically when they are getting low, so I never run out of ink, and don't have the expense / bother of buying new carts.

If you buy an HP printer now, you can enrolling with the Instant Ink scheme, which allows you to print a certain amount of pages per month for a pre agreed price. I you print less than 15 pages per month - like I do this, service is free and HP send you replacement genuine new cartridges for free. If you go over your allowance it costs £1 for every 10 pages you print.
This works fantastically for me, and they send me my new cartridges automatically when they are getting low, so I never run out of ink, and don't have the expense / bother of buying new carts.
I was offered a similar deal recently and declined as I intend to go paperless, however, I do like to print stuff off and scribble my thoughts on it.

It's not much different to the £9.95 mobile phone deals of the nineties......... you got a phone for just £9.95 but paid through the nose on contract fees and call charges.

It's not much different to the £9.95 mobile phone deals of the nineties......... you got a phone for just £9.95 but paid through the nose on contract fees and call charges.
My first phone was £1 a minute.

I’ve got a couple of these (one for workvan, one for home, one for spare) but a few years back they were £29 at Tesco

Tesco’s recycled cartridges are cheap too! £15 better than HP’s £25+

Great value for money. At that price you’d be as well buying another once the cartridges are empty. :)
The ink cartridges supplied with the printer will contain very little ink, i always buy cartridges when i buy a new printer.

I hate hp printers! 1 place i worked had 1 for the printouts for the mot emissions computer and pretty much every second or third print used to go wrong and you had to unplug it from its tight unit and faf about with it to get it to work, 1 day i got so pissed off with it i launched it across the workshop and it landed in a million bits, boss bought an epson afterwards and i used it for years afterwards without a problem

The paper isn't so cheap any more either.

Our nearest Staples shop has become Office Outlet who want £5 for a ream of A4. I don't need quility as never send letters but need to print stuff out for my own benefit.

I can remember 3 for a £5, even the stationary guy in the village is cheaper than that.

Edited to remove derogatory comments about the village guy.

I have mine delivered by a travelling purveyor of office supplies. He is not, therefore, a stationary stationery guy...:D

I like Epson printers. Dead cheap and cheerful and the last set of compatable cartridges I bought was £14 for six sets of four colour cartridges from Amazon last week.
Can’t fault them and have never had an issue with it not recognising unbranded items.

Someone suggested a small laser. This is by far the best option if you can manage without colour and particularly if printing is infrequent where inkjets tend to dry up.

There are some reasonably economical inkjets out there. We used to have HP printers at school where replacement ink was just a tank of ink and didn't also include the print heads. In terms of pence per page they were as good or better than small lasers. But they were big things for home use and again not really suitable for infrequent use.

I’ve got a multifunction A3 Brother which is happpy with aftermarket ink cartridges.
Couldn’t get anywhere near the price of the Brother with Canon, HP, Epson for a fully spec’d machine

Epson, if you want to use 'compatible' cartridges. The chips remain working when recycled by the Amazon and eBay retailers

I have an Epson as all that is printed these days are kids homework and some lazy photo stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom